Chapter Seven

*Next Morning*

*Maya's point of view*

I woke up in the same position that we fell asleep in and I smiled.

Newt was snoring quietly and had his face nuzzled into my chest.

I lightly started tracing shapes on his back as he slept, the fabric of his shirt moving slightly as I did so.

*Fifteen minutes later*

Newt started to move around but I kept tracing shapes on his back, he hummed lightly.

"Good morning love." He greeted, his voice a little groggy.

"Good morning." I responded softly, he kissed up my chest all the way up to my lips, placing two pecks on my lips.

"I don't want to get up." He groaned knowing what I was going to say, I giggled slightly.

"Newt, you need to get caught up on the work you missed for three days."

"I know I know but I wanna stay here with you." He told me, I sighed.

"Ten minutes." I told him "Five minutes and you play with my hair." He responded.

"Deal." I told him, he laid his head down on my chest again and I started playing with his hair. The door to his hut flew open with Chuck.

"Maya! Guess what happened!" Chuck said running in, I could hear Newt groan slightly and I laughed "What happened?"

"Minho was jogging to the maze doors and fell on his face! It was so funny!" Chuck said in between laughs and gasps for air.

"That's hilarious! Is he okay?" I asked, he nodded "Bloody nose but nothing more." Chuck responded.

"Good, I'll be out in ten minutes, okay?" I told him.

Chuck nodded quickly and ran out of the hut, closing the door behind him.

"Did Chuck interrupt your cuddle time?" I asked Newt and he did a small nod with a pouty face.

"You said five minutes Newtie, it's been six."

He groaned and got off of me, I went to stand but forgot about my ankle causing me to fall with a small thud.

Newt's head poked out from the bed to look at me "Seems like you've fallen, love." He told me, I rolled my eyes.

"See I thought I was flying." I said sarcastically, he climbed out of bed and picked me up and sat me on his bed.

I quickly put my boot on then I grabbed my crutches, I opened the door to the hut and turned around to say bye to Newt but he had just taken his shirt off.

His back was turned towards me but I just stood there, watching his muscles flex as he dug through the crates for a shirt.

He turned around to see me standing there as a blushing mess, we made eye contact for a split second before I quickly turned around and closed the door.

I decided to annoy Gally so I walked over to the Builders with the help of my crutches, I got over there and saw Gally's favorite hammer.

I picked it up and hid it in the back of my shorts and tank top, a couple minutes later Gally came over and greeted me.

"Where's my hammer?!" He yelled, I covered my mouth "Yeah, who took it?!"

I yelled, Gally walked over to one of the gladers and started yelling at him.

I put his hammer back and yelled to Gally "Gally, what's your hammer look like?" I asked "Its blue and yellow, and this shank took it!"

"You mean that one?" I asked acting innocent, he looked over to where I pointed then looked back to the glader.