Chapter One

"I want to go home." Echoed in my ears as I woke up. I tightened my grip, the feeling of ice cold metal pressing against my freezing shaking body.

I slowly sat up, the cage seeming to go upwards. I tried to scream but my throat was dry, I scrambled backwards with my hands and feet.

My back hit a corner so I leaned against it, bringing my legs to my chest, wrapping my arms around my legs, and putting my forehead on my knees, I started to sob.

My body shaking aggressively, my sobs getting louder. The cage holding me and the boxes came to a halt, making my body jump up slightly.

I didn't dare move, I was too scared to do so anyways. I heard talking and thudding, the top I'm guessing, of the cage opened and a light shone through.

There was a huge thud next to me, causing me to jump. "The greenie's crying!" I heard a deep-ish voice say.

I felt strong hands grip onto my upper arms and I whimpered, my small body was transferred from the strong hands to another pair on the ground.

I was laid down on the ground and loads of people started whispering. I opened my eyes and saw more than twenty boys standing around me.

I scrambled to my hands and knees and crawled between their feet. I got up and ran in the direction of a wooded area.

As I did so I heard yelling but it was echoing, I ran as fast as my feet would take me. I got really deep into the wooded area and climbed a tree quickly.

"Where the shuck did she go?" I heard a voice ask "That was a girl, right?" I heard another voice "Go get Alby." I heard a weird sounding voice say.

"When we get her she goes in the slammer." the voice I first heard when I came here said. I wiped my tears, trying my best not to sniffle.

A tear slid down my cheek, I tried to wipe it but it fell. I looked down and watched it fall onto a dirty blond boy.

He looked up and quickly looked back to the other people there. "Guys, we should split up. Go that way and I will look here." The weird sounding boy said.

They all hurried off and the boy looked up at me again "Can I come up?" He asked, I continued to shake, less than before but it was still visible.

"Please don't hurt me." I whispered loud enough for him to hear me, and he nodded "I won't hurt you, just come down maybe?" He asked me.

I slowly nodded and I jumped down, when I stood up from my slight crouch, the boy pulled me into a hug.

I yelped pretty loud, there were crunching of leaves and twigs, the boy removed an arm from around me, my arms were still at my side.

I slowly brought my arms up around the boy, hugging him back and nuzzling my face into his chest.

I heard light whispering then footsteps departing, the boy put a hand on the back of my head and rubbed my back slightly.

I pulled away but didn't look at him "Sorry." I whispered, my voice scratchy "Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." The boy said, I stayed silent.

"I'm Newt, do you remember your name?" He asked, fear struck through my body, I looked at him wide-eyed.

"Why can't I remember my name?! Or anything about me?! Why did I wake up in a cage!?"

I started to freak out, he put a hand on my shoulder and I stopped pacing. "Let's go find Alby, he will tell you." Newt told me.

I didn't say anything, I just walked with him. When we got out, a rather mad looking boy with green-ish blue eyes and crazy shaped eyebrows stomped over to us.