Chapter Eighteen

Previously:

I heard Newt grunt and Thomas gasp for air, Thomas took two small steps back, revealing that not Thomas was stabbed... But Newt.

...

"Tommy. Maya." I heard Newt's small voice call out, Newt started to fall backwards but Thomas eased him to the ground.

"No, no. No, no, no." Thomas whispered over Newt's body. I couldn't move, I couldn't breath, I couldn't move a muscle, I could only feel pain and my heart shattered into billions of tiny pieces.

"Newt?" Thomas called out in a whisper, no response. I heard footsteps and I looked up to see Brenda.

She slowly walked forward, tears in her eyes as she looked at Newt's dead body. I saw Thomas get up and grab the gun, he stood there and looked at me and Brenda before looking down to Newt.

He slowly started to walk backwards before turning around fully and walking out of the building, seconds later I saw Frypan, Gally, and Minho run up.

Brenda stayed in her spot but the three boys walked forward, Frypan and Minho both kneeled next to Newt and Gally was just a couple feet in front of Brenda.

I kept looking at Newt's body and saw as Brenda looked over to me. I burst into tears and screamed, falling to my knees.

Brenda and Gally ran over to me, holding me as I sobbed on the floor, I pushed them off of me and crawled over to Newt.

I picked up Newt's head and laid it on my thigh and cupped his cheek as I cried, I closed my eyes and looked up to the sky and screamed.

I looked back down and saw Minho who had got closer to me and Newt. "Minho, will you hold my hand?"

*Minho's point of view*

"Minho, will you hold my hand?" Maya asked, sounding like a child, I scooted closer to her and held her hand with my right one.

She let out a few more sobs "Minho, it hurts!" Her shaky voice exclaimed, I wrapped my left arm around her and she leaned back on me as she cried.

She leaned forward and looked at Newt "You promised! You- you- No! NO! NO! NO! NO!" She yelled as she yanked on his jacket.

"Wake up! Wake up! Newt! Wake up please, Newt! Please Sunshine!" She said trying to wake him up and yanking and shaking him.

"Maya, stop." I told her but she kept trying to wake him "Maya, stop!" I tried again but she kept trying harder now. "MAYA!" I yelled as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her back.

She wrapped her arms around my arm, crying, wails, screaming, grunting, and gasps filled the air, she kept hitting my arm with her hand.

"NOOO!" She wailed, she gripped my arm tighter and I pulled her closer to me, I looked up and saw everyone looking at Newt.

We created a circle around Newt, Maya gasped for air then unwrapped my arms from around her, she slowly stood up still crouching.

She grabbed under his shoulders and tried dragging him. "Maya, stop." Gally told her. She kept trying to drag him the way we had just come from but Brenda and Gally pulled her off Newt and laid him down.

"We have to bury him! W-we can't just leave him here to burn and rot!" Maya said "We have to take him to the safe haven!" She yelled.

"Maya, he's dead..." Brenda told her "You think I don't know that!? You think I don't know the love of my life is dead?!" She asked, yelling at Brenda.