Astrid furrowed her eyebrows. "What was that?"

"I don't know, but it's crumbling my eyelid," Ruffnut stated in annoyance as she stared at her statue.

All the dragons grew uneasy as the rumbling got closer.

"Something's coming towards us," Hiccup warned.

Kai narrowed her eyes, sensing it as well. "Something big."

"Let's get out of here," Hiccup said as all the riders began to retreat.

It began to get closer, and Astrid and Snotlout tried to cut their boulders to stop the threat, but the latter got caught in the mess, sending both him and Hookfang skidding to the ground.

The threat soon revealed to be a dragon, halting in front of Hookfang and Snotlout.

Hiccup's eyes widened in surprise. "The Fireworm Queen?"

The dragon was squawking grievously at the monstrous nightmare.

Fishlegs turned to Hiccup and Kai, who were flying beside him. "Hiccup, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Hiccup nodded. "Yeah, something's off."

Kai frowned at the dragon. "She's in distress."

"What is she doing way out here, away from her island?" Fishlegs questioned.

"I'm not sure," Hiccup replied before flying down in front of the dragon, trying to calm her. "Woah, take it easy, girl. Just trying to figure out what's going on."

The Fireworm Queen screeched, gesturing towards the way she came from before turning back towards them.

"Being a dragon expert, I can tell that she wants Hookfang to follow her," Snotlout stated.

"Follow her?" Fishlegs asked. "Where? Why?"

"Maybe it has some to do with those." Kai gestured towards the scratch marks under the dragon's chin.

"Dragon hunters?" Astrid asked.

"If I had to guess," Hiccup began. "She needs help defending herself."

"And, since the Fireworm Queen and Hookfang have a history, he is the only dragon she trusts," Fishlegs added in realisation.

"Well, if she's looking for back-up, she came to the right dragon," Snotlout stated. "Those hunters want to mess with the Queen? They're gonna have to go through me and Hookfang! Come on, your highness, lead the way."

The rest of the riders trailed after Hookfang and Snotlout who followed the Fireworm Queen, soon being led to the caves.

"Uh ... you guys feel that?" Hiccup asked.

Kai furrowed her eyebrows. "Feel what?"

"I don't feel anything," Fishlegs answered.

"Why must he speak in riddles?" Tuffnut said in confusion.

"It's too calm," Hiccup stated. "No sign of any Dragon Hunters ships."

"Whatever she wants help with is in there," Snotlout said, gesturing towards the caves. "Let's go, Hookfang."

"Everyone be on alert," Hiccup warned. "We have no idea what could be waiting for us in those caves."

"Says Hiccup the Obvious," Tuffnut rolled his eyes.

Ruffnut nodded in agreement. "Sometimes I feel we're the normal ones."

They all ignored the twins. Kai grabbed on Hiccup's waist for support as they flew in the dark cave, scanning around cautiously for anything.