i.

★彡[ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏᴡᴀʀᴅꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ! ]彡★

Kai sat at the edge off a high skyscraper, her feet dangling in the air. Below her, the tops of other skyscrapers and apartments reached for her toes but she didn't mind the danger. Even the threat of a freaky gust of wind blowing her off the edge didn't scare her.

Her golden eyes scanned the city below her, enjoying the cool breeze that whipped against her body and blew her dark-gold hair locks back, her golden-tinted goggles placed on her head. The world underneath her felt so wide around and free, as if tempting her to jump. 

Small and huge buildings collided in a mixture of shadows and concrete, and tiny vehicles speeding along numerous streets in a colourful thread of light. A deep sigh escaped the teenager's lips, enjoying the peaceful silence up this high.

Kai was tired. The war between heroes and villains never ceased, and the violence and destruction only continued. She was tired of her same routine: wake up, go out for patrol, stop some amateur villains, go to sleep, repeat the next day.  At least the only good thing that came out of this was that she got to team up with her friends from time to time.

But her soul yearned for something more.

She soon stood up against the edge, taking a deep breath before putting her goggles on. A smile formed on her face as she held her hands out before stepping off the edge. It was her favourite part of her patrol, jumping off of high skyscrapers.

The sensation of free falling was always thrilling to Kai, loving the rush of adrenaline coursing through her veins and the cool wind that blew against her face and her dark-gold hair locks as she plummeted to the ground.

The view below her always managed to take her breath away. The ground seemed alive at night with lights as if someone had taken a handful of glitter and sprinkled it as far as her golden eyes could see.

A safe distance from turning splat on the ground like a pancake, her golden wings expanded from her shoulder blades, gaining control of her momentum as she soared through the sky, her golden eyes gleaming in the dark night. 

She propelled herself up in the clouds, reaching out to touch one of them as a sense of peace washed over her. She loved the feeling. It was so peaceful up where she was. No bustling city where one would feel suffocated from the crowds on the street, no robbers or villains to take care of. 

It was just her and her alone.

Kai was brought out of her peaceful moment when she caught a strange light out of the corner of her eye. Her attention turned to it, narrowing her eyes, drawing her towards it as she propelled herself towards it.

For a moment, the pleasant coolness of the wind became unwelcomely chilling, and an odd sensation grew inside of her. Her sixth sense seemed to buzz crazily as if warning her that something big was going to occur. 

There was a sudden sound and a blinding flash of light entered her line of vision, completely wiping out her surroundings. The light grew brighter until she had to close her eyes to prevent herself from being blinded, and before she knew it, the light enveloped her completely.

Kai felt her body fading until she could feel nothing around her and everything was just dark before the feeling of cold air struck her as she felt herself falling. Cold air bit at her face and eyes, and her ears rung from the howling wind.

She began to lose consciousness as her vision grew blurry every passing second. The only thing she knew was that she was falling. She felt someone or something grab onto her but before she could see who it was, her world turned completely dark.

Hiccup and Astrid were out patrolling the edge for any intruders on Toothless and Stormfly. The team had been on alert ever since their battle with Viggo and the loss of the dragon eye that was now in his possession.

It was a fairly normal day for the riders, if you'd consider the twins and Snotlout annoying the living hell out of Fishlegs who was really close to snapping at the three but tried to remain composed and focused his attention back on his books.

Astrid was just about to head back when Stormfly squawked, gesturing her head towards the side and the blonde caught sight of a figure free falling through the sky. Her eyes widened in surprise as Stormfly flew towards it.

Right before the figure hit the water below them, the deadly nadder managed to grab onto her body, flying over to the shore before gently setting them on the ground while Hiccup and Toothless landed beside them, curious to see what had just happened.

The two riders took in the mysterious girl's appearance. 

She was wearing slightly tight dark-beige pants, a black shirt and a golden jacket with a zip and a hood. She had dark-gold hair, her skin was slightly tanned and appeared to be around the same age as the rest of them.

Hiccup and Astrid both glanced at each other, having no idea what to do. She had just fell out of the sky in the middle of nowhere with no sign of anything about how she was that high in the first place.

The two then agreed to place her in the spare room until she regained conscious. But little did they know, their lives were about to get a lot more interesting with the new mysterious teenager's presence.