Electrified Touch

Start from the beginning

"Hey Marinette."

She'd been so engrossed in redesigning her wall she'd missed her trapdoor opening and Luka appearing. She thanked the Holy Gods that the kwami's were tucked away sleeping in the Miracle box. As a guardian, not being alert to her surroundings was never a good sign, this is why she needed to channel her focus and not allow distractions.

"Oh, Luka! Hi!" She jumped down from her bed and indicated for Luka to sit on her chaise before sliding down next to him.

"You ok? Your message seemed like something was on your mind."

Marinette took a deep breath in and exhaled out, reaching forward to take Luka's hand in her own.

"Can you remember the akuma last week? The soulmate one?"

"Romantica." Luka stated, Marinette nodded in response. "You got hit didn't you?" Marinette nodded again. "So, who was it?"

"I can't say."

Luka looked at Marinette. Really looked at her. When they'd first met he'd never think she'd be capable of hiding so much, especially when he could tell it was affecting her. Perhaps if he came out with his own truth she'd be more inclined to trust in him too.

"I was hit too." He spoke quietly, placing his second hand over the top of their joined ones.

"Oh!" She looked up at him shocked, this had taken an interesting turn of events. "And?"

"I found her. She's older than me. She has a fiancé." Marinette's eyes didn't leave Luka's as he began to tell his story. "She has the matching tattoo, she's gorgeous Mari. She plays in a band, lead singer, and has the coolest hairstyle I've ever seen."

As Luka continued gushing about his soulmate, Marinette could feel her heartbreak again, but this time for him.

"Did you speak to her? Obviously she knows she's got to give you a chance? You always end up with your soulmate."

Luka shook his head.

"She told me I was too young, too inexperienced. I've got her number and she is texting me, but it looks as though I've been refused." A tear rolled down his cheek, his voice becoming a whisper, "I don't know what to do. She's perfect for me Mari."

Marinette looked at the blue haired boy next to her before wrapping her arms tightly around him. Soulmates always ended up together, now or in ten years time, she knew Luka would be ok. As for the now, her heart was ripped apart for her friend. He deserves more than this. He didn't deserve to feel refused.

"You know ... fate will always find its way."

Luka pulled back off Marinette's shoulder and nodded. Perhaps her earlier judgment of Luka having everything together was false. She'd put another boy on a pedestal.

"Just how much older is she? If you don't mind me asking?" She was curious, it's not very often there's a significant age gap.

"Five years."

Marinette nodded. That was quite a gap, not unheard of, but extremely rare.

"Well, you've got me until you don't want me anymore so chin up, I'm awesome."

Luka let out a laugh.

"Thank you Mari, but you've found your mate now."

"I may have found him through the akuma, but I still want to wait for my tattoo."

"He's a lucky guy."

Marinette sombered at his words. She wasn't so sure he was the lucky one, this time she swore Tikki's luck had rubbed off on her. Chat Noir really was the perfect guy for her, it just took her a while to see that, and although Adrien still held a proportion of her heart she couldn't deny that her feline partner held the rest.