CHAPTER FOUR

“So you wanted to report me to my mother eh,” He thundered, standing up from his sitting position, taking few steps towards her. Uduak moved from there and walked to the closet, she had to shower.

  “Michael, you have said enough for today. It’s late and I want to shower so that I will sleep.” She replied, already making her way to the bathroom. That made him so incensed that he squeezed her ear causing her to whimper in pain.

“You dare try to walk out on me? I will deal with you tonight.” Michael locked their room door and pull out the key into his pocket.

“Mama is downstairs o, at least respect her for today. Michael, mbok,” she managed to talk between sobs.

Before Uduak knew what was happening, the heavy leather belt landed on her back, then on her shoulder and thighs till she lost count. She squeezed her eyes shot; screaming for help, hoping mama would come to her rescue. He kept on whipping her without mercy. She curled herself up at one corner of the room, using her hand to protect her head and face from getting hit by the belt.

When he was tired, he dropped the belt on the tiles leaving her there to nurse the injuries he inflicted on her. Just when she thought everything was over, he came out of the bathroom stark naked moving towards her.

“What are you trying to do?” she asked him, with unending tears falling from her eyes.

  “You tried reporting me to my mother that I have not touched you hence your reason for not getting pregnant. Uduak, I am now ready to touch you today. You must get pregnant whether you like it or not.”

“Michael, I beg you in the name of God. Let it not be what I am thinking o,” she said, already trying to run opposite direction but she was too late. A large hand grabbed her hair tightly as she struggled to release the hair from his grip. He dragged her on the bedroom tiles and threw her on the bed then swiftly climbed on top of her. She kicked, cried and cursed, but Michael paid deaf ears to her pleas.

With every effort she tried to get herself free from him earned her a fist on her face or any part of her body. Was mama suddenly deaf that she didn’t hear her scream?

The second round of beating continued till she could taste her tears and nasal discharge in her mouth. Then she decided to stop struggling. If she hadn’t, she would have been a dead person before the rise of the sun. Her strength failed her, so she laid there like a log of wood and let him have his way with her.

Michael tore her skirt and underwear like a mentally deranged man, not waiting patiently to seductively remove it like lovers do. 

When Uduak felt him penetrate her, she winced while he moaned loudly. Fresh tears slide down her cheeks. How could someone go from being the best lover in the world to a monster? What did she do wrong to deserve such treatment she got from someone that was meant to be her lover and protector? In as much as she wanted him to make love to her, she didn’t expect it to be in that way.

Every move he made inside her felt like a sharp pain; it was so acute that it stabbed her heart too. It was one hour of silent tears and pains that racked her entire body. With one last thrust, he climax, smiling at her.

“Why did you do like you weren’t interested? Or ake anam asian?” Michael chuckled, and asked her and fell beside her trying to steady his breath.

Uduak managed to sit up, hugging the pillow to her chest like her life depended on it. Tears continued to stream down her face.

“So this is what you have turned into, a rapist?” she sniffed, wiping under her nose.

  “How does getting my conjugal right from you make me a rapist? I paid your bride price, remember. I bought you sef so don’t even go there. Even the bible says the kingdom of heaven suffered violence and the violent take it by force, so if you refuse to give, I take it by force. I am sure by now you are pregnant with twins or even triplets.”

She raised her head and looked straight into his eyes disdainfully. For the first time she was going to stand up for herself.

“Michael, mark today in your heart, my God in Heaven will punish you, amen. Very soon your sins will backfire.” She cursed. Her eyes held pure hate and anger combined with the torture and pain she’d just gone through.

“I can see you still have your mouth to run. I will help you shut it if you don’t do it yourself.” He pointed his fingers at her and cautioned.

“What have you not done to me, Michael? You turned me into your punching bag a long time ago, killed me so many times with your actions and words, now you've raped me. What more can you do? Murder me and plan my funeral? Well, before you will get to do that, I will be gone.” She ignored the pains and entered into the bathroom where she found comfort under the running water.

Damn! This is getting intense. I feel pity for Uduak though. Please is your are a man and you are reading this story, please do not he at your woman, please.