22- I'm as Serious as the Mass-Murderer

Start from the beginning

There were no offensive comments made, no sneers, snarls, or snarks. Everyone, minus Arcturus, just sat quietly and listened to the Professor's lecture. Aurora couldn't believe her eyes, especially when Magnolia Parkinson, a Slytherin, picked up a fallen quill for one of the Gryffindor's!

Don't get her wrong, the Slytherins still despised the rowdy lions. However, she was surprised to see just how mature everyone was acting— she guessed that Tom's influence really reached out. She thought it was a shame, as Rory was quite hopeful for some excitement to happen.

Aurora had made a mental note to undermine his peaceful atmosphere day by day, until Riddle finally broke and lost his mind, where she would then usurp his throne and rise as the new Voldemort. VaRorymort, if you will. Or at least until it wasn't as boring, she hasn't really decided yet.

The next few days would pass on quietly. During breakfast and lunch, Aurora would usually sit next to Frankie with the Hufflepuffs. She was a bit worried about him, honestly. He seemed to be enjoying the magic of the school, however whenever she would pass him in the hallways or spot him in another class, he was alone and awkward.

While Rory knew that her shy Hufflepuff friend was very introverted, she had hoped that he would eventually branch out. And even though Aurora had found it slightly heart warming that Frankie was only comfortable to open up with her, she ultimately only wanted the best for his kind and nurturing soul. Thus, meaning that she had to seriously do some work to help Francis become more confident in himself.

These past few days, Aurora had felt nearly suffocated by the amount of times she'd seen Abraxas, Arcturus, and Aquila. Even when they weren't anywhere near where their classes would be, one of them would always be there to pass her in the hallways. Aurora had a few guesses as to what that was all about, and talking with diary-Tom confirmed her ever growing suspicions— Tom Riddle wanted something from her.

Speaking of the boy with and angelic face but ultimately the devil at heart, she had not heard so much as a peep from him. He had stopped sitting by her in Defense, and he would only send her a curt nod of acknowledgment in the hallways. During dinner, where you were required to sit at your own house table, Tom would rarely ever be speaking. Instead, he opted to shove his head down into a book so far, if Rory didn't know better she'd have thought he was kissing it.

Even though Rory knew that Tom's three followers were ultimately spying on her, she still found herself enjoying their company. Aquila, who Rory had learned to tolerate, was never the most fun or adventurous— however, Aurora always enjoyed her witty sarcastic comments. Abraxas, well, she still couldn't figure out all the way. Perhaps it was because she just wanted to desperately believe that he was just like her brother, but Rory had a small feeling that the boy didn't even know who he was himself. And Arcturus... well, let's just say he keeps the conversation alive. While Aurora greatly prided herself in finding humor in her sarcastic comments and actions, it was nothing compared to him. Sometimes, he couldn't even get the joke out before he'd burst out laughing, always drunk.

Aurora was currently walking Frankie back to his common room after hours— they had accidentally missed curfew after drinking hot chocolate in the kitchens. She was quite thankful that his common room was so close to the kitchens, for his sake. Frankie was feeling quite ill, meaning that Rory had to do all of the scheming herself, seeing as diary-Tom wouldn't very well help the boy he so despised.

She had an arm under his armpit, basically holding him up when she asked, "So tomorrow night? Six or seven?"

"Yes," was all he could mutter out in a pained voice. He had a bead of sweat on his forehead, and his bushy brown eyebrows were knitted together in apparent agony.