66.| I Was Made to Love You

Start from the beginning

"Don't do this, please."

Cleo laughs, she deepens the weapon. "Perhaps if you have cared about anything other than your perfect relationship you would've seen this all coming."

Hope hums, she breaks the spear in half and stabs Cleo in the heart. The witch instantly dies. Now it was just her and Lucas.

"You getting deja vu too?" Lucas smirks.

"Let me help you, Luc. This is the hex talking, not you."

Lucas shrugs. "Maybe it is. But this is what i've wanted. And this is how I'll make father proud."

"I think you're forgetting I'm still a Hybrid, you kill me now, I'll just come back stronger." Hope snarks.

Lucas smiles softly. "I'm counting on it. So here's the plan. The blade Cleo stabbed you with was laced with wolfsbane which is now in your system, slowly killing you. You should start feeling it sometime around—" Hope falls onto the floor. "—Now. Not only that but there was this poison— can't remember the name but keep in mind you were stabbed right above the heart so— you should be dead in what? Ten minutes max?"

"Lucas—"

"Mmm no. I'm not done yet." Lucas whispers. "My brother is in there right now— he covered the entire school with gasoline. And in about 2 minutes he will burn the school to the ground along with everyone in there. Alaric, Josie, Lizzie, Wade, Gaby, Pedro, all of them will die. And you'll see them all burn as they scream for help." he smirks. "By that time, the poison will have already traveled to your heart killing you. So I'll be waiting for you in the woods where we'll finish this up. Don't be late, Hope." he kisses her before walking out of the old mill.

"L-Lucas, please! Stop!" Hope shouts, she begs for help but Lucas continues walking away.

Once the Nephilim was far away he pulls his phone out from his pocket and dials Ethan's number. After five seconds he picks up.

"Good, you're okay." Ethan sighs in relief. "Plan still in motion?"

"Yes. But hold off another minute." The Nephilim sternly says. "Hope should be on her way and be there in less than a minute. And when she's there, I want you to light the school up. Let her feel the pain of knowing she was the only person who made it out of the school alive."

A small chuckle was heard over the phone. Ethan grins. "Yes sir. We're finally getting revenge, brother."

"Indeed we are."

With that, Lucas hangs up the phone. Just as he was about to pull it away, he felt a burning sensation coming from the side of his stomach. The Nephilim touches his sides that were burning up. His eyes turned gold, he tried controlling his heavy breathing.

Hope was now running to the school, praying she'd make it on time to find Ethan and stop him from hurting anyone. She finally arrives at the school, she feels the poison oozing through her heart slowly.

"Everyone! Get out of the school now!" Hope shouts as she runs around, knocking on everyone's dorms. "Go! Everyone get out!"

Alaric runs out of his office and runs towards Hope worriedly. "Hope! Holy sh—holy shit what's wrong with you?" all over Hope's neck was thin black veins, it must've been the poison. "Hope what's going on?"