♛ 22

Neo Mortem Mafia.

The most dangerous mafia organization. They serve specifically as vendors for organs, weapons, and drug trading and selling. They deal entirely in illegal products for underhanded organizations which is considered as the general trading company in the underworld.

Their business also exceeds to the political world as they have special connections with some of the most influential people in the country. Much like Phantom Viper, they have dozens of enterprises under their control. 

The differences between them are in their approach and purpose.

Neo Mortem Mafia is known for their brutal and merciless ways of torturing their targets. Those who oppose them will only suffer from an insufferable pain.

However, the Phantom Viper is still after all, a bunch of assassins. Lead by Chevalier, they are more direct with their methods, not wanting to waste time sparing people's lives.

These two organization were the ones who rule the Neo City completely. They could easily control both the legal and illegal activities in the city.

Neo High School is currently under Phantom Viper's command, which is why the students in class A are all aspiring assassins.

There are more organizations, out there. But once they had entered the dark world, the light seemed like it was nowhere to be seen anymore. 

They were all born into a family that has already lived their lives in the dark world, unable to escape from it. 

They can't escape. Death is the only escape.

────────

Mark threw his apple straight towards the girl, hitting her head with it. Dasom groaned, sending a glare at him. "What was that for?"

Mark shrugged, plopping himself down on the couch. He changed the tv channel as she awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do.

"You're training with me starting from tomorrow." He said, breaking the silence.

"What?"

Mark turned his head towards her, his usual blank look still plastered on his face. "You're training with me,"

He knew he already got his father's approval, after all that's the only thing he needed. His father, Eric Lee, is one of the most well known assassin under the Phantom Viper. He's a former executive in Neo Mortem Mafia, but only some people know about that.

"Welcome, Lee Heeseung."

"Mark Lee~ you're- oh, is this the new girl?"

Dasom turned to look towards the door frowning at the unfamiliar figure who stood before her. She looked towards Mark with an eyebrow raised, wondering who this Lee Heeseung is. 

"Oh right, he's my younger brother. He just transferred here a few days ago, he's our last and final member."

Although she had figured it out even before Mark told her that he was his brother, a verification is always necessary to confirm her hypothesis. At first the thought he could be either Mark, Donghyuck, or Jeno's brother from his surname.

But since he called Mark so casually like that, he must be someone close to him.

Heeseung smiled at her. "I've heard about you. Eun Dasom, right?"

"Yeah."

"Hyung, you're going to train with me right?"

"We're going to train together, all of us."

Heeseung frowned, looking at his brother in confusion. "All of us?"

He then remembered what his brother told him that day, that there's a new girl that's going to replace his former partner for his mission. "Ah right. I heard you're in class 2-A?"

Dasom just nods, seeing how his personality is very much contradicting with his older brother's. Mark is way more serious and always dismissive of emotions, meanwhile his brother is very expressive and brighter than his brother.

"Uh, yeah."

"That's great! You must be very intelligent to get into the A class~" 

A notification then popped up on his phone screen- a call from an unknown number.

He picked it up, placing his phone by his ear.

"So, do you accept the offer?"

"Yes."

He had ended the call when the caller told him about his father. But it won't matter anyways, he already knew he went to see his father yesterday.

Heeseung's lively expression immediately changed into a stern and cold look, looking at his older brother. "It's him, is it?"

Mark just hummed. It was none other than Diablo himself.

But it's not a big deal to him.

After all, the Great Underworld Dealer and the Underboss of Neo Mortem Mafia is his older brother.

oh