The two twins, Death and Grief

May adjusted her white shirt before looking around her desk. She was already behind on paperwork so she sighed and gradually grabbed one stack of papers from her side desk and flopped them in front of her. It made a slight banging sound which made May flinch a bit. A few agents around her silently looked up at her but continued on with their own paperwork. May didn't mind them staring in judgement, her mind was fresh on Bahrain, and her heart ached everyday of every hour. She was a bit numb to the pain but it was still there. May grumbled under her breath.

"I hate this damn job." She muttered to herself. May moved a paper to the side once she signed it then slid another one toward her to replace it. She began to read over it. She moved the paper upwards when she began to read the paragraphs below. It was about Coulson. Which surprised May. She read the last paragraph.

Agent Philip Coulson has been promoted to level seven to help with the avengers indicative with Agent Romanoff, Agent Barton, Agent Rogers, Agent Dr. Banner, and Tony Stark.

May scoffed slightly. Coulson would be the one to help with the avengers initiative. She was surprised he didn't come rub it in her face already. May remembered how Coulson would get so excited when powered people were involved or enhanced skilled people. Once Fury had reported that he will be making an Avengers Initiative Program, Coulson nearly pissed his own pants. May sat the paper above her first one then grabbed a third paper. Which was full of fingerprints, information, and pictures. May didn't bother looking at those, she just sat the third piece of paper in the tiny stack and grabbed them all in order. She let them drop to her desk and May kept them upright with her hands barricading any way to lean and fall over. They all immediately disappeared behind the first paper neatly and May sat them down. She grabbed her stapler and stapled them together like she always does. She flopped them in a basket that she would have to organize later. There were already a few files in there that May hadn't gotten to yet, and honestly, she didn't want to get into them. May was so busy beginning on other files that she didn't realize the echo of feet that came closer to her. It was only until a man came into view at the corner of her eye that she looked up. Coulson stood there. In his usual blue suit and tie. A small grin showed on his face like always and May smirked at bit at his presence.

"Melinda." He greeted. May sat down the file she was working on and turned to him.

"Coulson." She croaked. She hadn't used her voice as much so whenever she talked her vocal cords weren't really ready to interact. She cleared her throat. Coulson just chuckled.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna be helping out in the hellicarier today." He told her. May turned back to her papers. There it was. Him bragging. She nodded slightly, keeping her emotionless face. He seemed pleased with May nodding and smiled.

"It'll be a bit dangerous, because we're on a mission." He told her awkwardly. May rolled her eyes.
Dork. She thought.

"But I just wanted to tell you because I thought.. maybe afterwards, me and you could talk a little bit.." he explained hesitantly. May looked at him and froze for a moment. She hadn't talked to Coulson ever since Bahrain. Well besides right now, but that didn't count. Just him and her talking someplace else? That was what she didn't do. She sighed a bit, as she tried thinking about what he said while moving the thoughts of Bahrain aside. It didn't work. Instead of answering May just looked back down at her papers. She didn't think she should answer when she didn't have an answer herself. There was a long pause before Coulson sighed slightly.

"Alright, I'll come to you after I'm done with the mission!" He told her cheerfully. As if he was trying to brighten May's mood. He waved bye and walked out. May waited for his footsteps to disappear before getting back to work. She ignored the slight stares of other people and kept going for hours.