Chapter 10

*No One's POV*

Izuku stood just outside the tunnel, having already took first place while the crowd screams in satisfaction of the first course.

Seconds later Todoriki and Bakugo come barreling out of the tunnel with Todoroki taking the place above Bakugo.

"IN SECOND PLACE IS TODOROKI SHOTO, WITH BAKUGO KATSUKI COMING IN AT A EXTREMELY CLOSE THIRD!!!!!" Present Mic announced excitedly.

A faint "GODDANMIT" could be heard in the distance coming from the explosive boy's direction.

Izuku looked onto the sky in a lackluster state, completely ignoring the harsh, challenging glare coming from the dual quirk user.

Little by little, the rest of the first year courses started to trickle in. Panting and sweating they made their way to the middle of the area to make a group before the R-rated hero.

"The first 42 students will be admitted into the next game of the festival, which we will be determining right now!" Midnight yelled over the crown while pulling the lever to a machine.

The megatron screen spun for a while and landed on "Calvary Battle". The crowd once again went into an excited frenzy at the results.

"The next faze of the festival will be a Cavalry Battle!" Midnight announced.

"Now for the rules. Each remaining student from the first course must make a team of at least 3 members and no more than 5. Teams must determine the "horses" which carry the rider. The rider and their team will try to steal as many points as possible from the other teams. Points will be distributed based on your placing in the first round. With first place earning......"

"10,000,000 POINTS!!!!!"

Midnight explained. "Its a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!!" The students all looked at izuku with bloodthirsty eyes.

Izuku met their state with just as much killing intent as the rest. They knew this would be a hard fight. But they were determined to win.

The students slowly started to gather in groups. Most of them going for the next best places. Knowing that if they joined Izuku they were likely to get targeted.

While Izuku was being avoided like the plague, he was making a battle strategy. And first things first, he needed a team.

Just as he was about to gather his members, he felt someone tap his shoulder.

"Hi! I'm Mei Hatsume! And I'd love if I could join your team! Since you have so many points, I'm sure the scouts in the crowd will be watching you to see what you do. It will be perfect publicity for my babies!!" A hyperactive pink haired girl said to him while aggressively shaking his hand.

This could work.

The students who share a class felt bad for the girl. Izuku was very closed off and would probably reject her and then murder her for touching him.

To their surprise he stopped the hand shake, while still holding her hand and faintly smiled at her. "Sure." He said.

What could he say? He didn't know what her quirk was, but she was in the support course and she was doing whatever it took to get herself out there and reach her goals in life. And he admired that a lot. She reminded Izuku of himself.

"Know we must find ourselves a third and fourth member." Izuku said. Switching back to his poker face.

He was thinking to himself when he spotted a bird headed boy leaning against a wall in the distance. Bingo.