Chapter 6- Change

Start from the beginning

When I was sure that I was thoroughly covered with the dye, I piled all the hair on top of my head and went back out, sitting on the bed next to James. 

"You stink," he said wrinkling his nose. 

"Yeah, well this was your idea so you can suffer with me," I said with a glare. 

He chuckled and leaned over kissing my lips. 

"I don't mind suffering with you."

"Be careful what you say you masochist."

He grinned a toothy grin. "Only for you baby."

I rolled my eyes. I leaned forward and started rifling through the contents that were still lying out on the bed. I looked at it all trying to determine what I would do with it. I was supposed to use the stuff here to make me look different. I spotted a small box and picked it up.

Colored contacts. 

"You seriously found these?" I asked holding up the box. 

"Yeah, it was a weird small shop. They're non perscription. Green." 

Just like he'd said yesterday. Green eyes. I hadn't thought that he'd really be able to find them though. There was another bag that had all the stuff required to take care of the contacts. 

I put them to the side and looked at the make up. 

I used the remaining time I had for my hair to sit to look up how to videos on makeup. There were so many different things you could do with it. And here I thought that it was a lot to use eye liner and mascara. 

I had no idea what half the stuff was they were using in the videos, but when I looked through the mass assortment of makeup laying out on the bed, I found everything they talked about. 

"What in the world did you do? Buy one of every single thing?" I asked. 

"Yeah."

"Seriously?" I raised my brows at him. James just shrugged in response. 

"Did you happen to get me some pads or tampons while you were there?" I asked sweetly. 

James' eyes went so wide that I thought they were going to pop out of his head. 

"Relax, I'm just kidding." Although I was probably going to need those soon by my count. I would worry about that later though. 

The timer I'd set on the phone went off and I scooped the makeup and contacts into one of the bags, picked up the laptop and scissors and took everything into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. 

I stepped into the shower and started rinsing the dye out. I used the conditioner that came with the boxed dye. I hoped this smell would come out. I didn't want to meet The Organization while my hair still smelled like boxed dye. 

When I got out, I wrapped myself in a towel and then brushed out my hair. I looked in the mirror. I was a redhead. It looked weird. 

I took a shaking breath in and then picked up the comb and scissors and I got started cutting my hair. I made it chin length, and surprisingly I was able to cut it evenly. When my hair was cut, I parted it slightly off to the side and then plugged in the dryer and worked with it. 

It took no time at all to dry now since there was practically nothing there. 

I then worked at putting the contacts in. I was fine with the idea of the contacts. That was until I realized I had to basically touch my eye to put them in. 

I pried my eyelids open, doing what I could to make sure they stayed that way while I steadily tried to put the contacts in. 

It took me a good fifteen minutes to finally get them in. When I did manage to get them in, I barely recognized myself.