Fight Night

Walker

"You're gonna kill it out there, buddy." I pat Triggers back.

"I can't believe it's already time." he looks up at me.

Maeve walks over with a smile on her face. "Your sponsors are here."

"Oh shit! What if I lose? This isn't gonna look good on me." Trigger picks up his gloves.

"You're gonna be fine." I laugh. "You're gonna bring home that trophy, trust me. Seriously, just believe in yourself and not doubt yourself cause that ain't gonna get you anywhere."

"I need your confidence."

"You'll get."

"They have their cameras." he gulps.

"Trigger, you're gonna do amazing out there." Maeve places her hand on his shoulder. "You have nothing to worry about.

He looks at her with a smile. "Thank you."

"Hey! I said the same thing!" I gasp.

"Dunno. Feels better from Maeve."

I playfully roll my eyes. "Well hey, you're up next. Put your gloves on."

He clenches his jaw.

Within minutes, we're walking up to the ring.

Trigger shakily goes through the ropes and I stand on the outside.

"I'm so nervous." he whispers.

"Don't be. You're gonna kill it." I pat his back. "It's three rounds, you can do it."

He takes a deep breath and the bells go off.

Him and his opponent, Denver, tap gloves and back up, getting in their stance.

Be first.

Be. First.

Trigger remembers those words and fires the first punch.

"He's looking good." Maeve walks over.

Denver throws a body shot and I finally see the fire in Triggers eyes once he swings an overhand followed by an uppercut.

"THERE YOU GO!" I shout. "RIGHT HAND!" Trigger listens to my voice and swings a mean right hand. Denver doubles jabs until my kid throws a left hook, pivoting and swinging another uppercut.

Denver falls down, causing a big commotion in the crowd.

"GOOD JOB!" Gray and Caden shout.

Denver gets back up, charging at Trigger, but Trigger hits him with an upside downstairs punch, cornering him into the corner.

He throws punches all over the body until Denver gets out of there, but before he could do anything, it bell goes off and the boys split up after knocking gloves.

"YOU'RE DOING GREAT!" I hold up his water.

He mumbles.

"You're going amazing out there!!" Maeve squeals.

"Keep it up!!" Gray claps.

"You basically already won." Caden laughs. "You threw a mean body shot!"

"Thanks!" Trigger struggles to catch his breath.

A few more seconds and then the bell goes off again.

My kid once again throws the first shot.

Everything's going well, no nasty punches as of now, though you can tell Denver is pissed.

Typically in these types of fights, Trigger basically already won once he knocked him down.

It's going good though.

He finishes his rounds and the boys line up on the sides of the ref.

"We easily have a winner here and that is..." the announcer creates suspense. "Trigger!"

We all shout even though we knew it.

He's presented his trophy before he walks out of the ring and getting tackled by all of us.

"I TOLD YOU!" I laugh.

"GOOD JOB!"

"KILLED IT!"

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!"

"WE KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!"

"Thanks guys!" he smiles.

"You did amazing, Trigger." his mom walks over. "Scared the living daylights out of me, but you did it!! I'm so proud, baby." she hugs him. "I'm sorry for being so hard on you. You really are an amazing fighter."

"Thanks ma." Trigger hugs her.

Maeve and I look at each other with a smile.

**

"He did amazing. You really did train some great fighters!" Maeve praises me.

I laugh, kissing her forehead. "Why thank you! Those kids mean so much to me."

"I know! I love that so much." she smiles. "Can I talk to you about something?" I notice her tone lower, concerning me.

"Yeah, of course. Whats wrong?" I sit her down.

"You can't be mad... I didn't even know." I already see her stressing out.

"Baby no, I wouldn't get mad at you. What's going on?" I take her hands.

She gulps and looks at me. "I'm pregnant."

My eyes widen and her face turns to fear.

"Really?!" I shoot up with excitement. "Wait wait, I'm gonna be a dad?!" I ask and she nods with a little smile. "HOLY FUCK!" I lift her up, showering her face with kisses. "How could I ever be upset about that?! I've always wanted to have a child and the fact that it's with you is absolutely amazing!"

"I'm so glad you're not mad—"

"I'd never be!" I hold her. "I'm so excited for this."

She smiles and closes her eyes.