Chapter 4

I woke up to the feeling of lightly being shaken. It was Six. She smiled at me. "Wake up sleepyhead," she told me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked around and saw a city with the buildings swaying as if they were dancing. The place was very eerie.

We all walked off the boat and made our journey through the eerie city. The creepy part was how abandoned it looked. The only reminder of people was the clothes lying empty in place. "What happened here?" I asked out loud. "I don't know..." Mono replied. We continued walking and found a school? "What's a school doing all the way out here?" Mono asked. "What's a school?" Six asked cluelessly. I gasped. "You don't know what a school is?" I asked, shocked. She shook her head in response. "A school is basically a place where people go to learn. Half the stuff they teach, we never use." I said the last part to myself. "What was the last part?" Six asked. "Nothing!" I yelled quickly, waving my hands in front of my face. "You guys, I think I found a way in," Mono said, pointing to a dumpster. "How's a dumpster gonna help us get in?" I asked while crossing my arms. He facepalmed- maskpalmed? "I mean, there's a hole behind the dumpster-" "SO WE HAVE TO PUSH IT OUT THE WAY! I SAID IT FIRST SO IT'S MY IDEA!" Six cut him off. I chuckled and we pushed the dumpster out the way. I didn't like the feeling of this place. It was...off. We climbed a rope of table cloths and came in through the window. The lights were on meaning someone or something was still here. I walked up to a lever and pulled it down. "I found the light switch!" I yelled over to Mono and Six. "Ewwwwwwwww-" Six said looking at a painting of a creepy lady whose eyes were cut out allowing light to shine through. I cringed at the painting. Mono just shook his head and walked into the other room. He then came out with a ball in his hand and threw it at the painting. It then fell. "Now you guys don't have to look at it," he spoke proudly. We then climbed into a room with a chair and broken rope on it. I stared blankly at it. It...felt so familiar. Suddenly, as if a switch flicked in my brain, I remembered something.

I was sitting in the chair being held down by the bullies. They had left me there for a whole day. No one had come to save me. I was alone. I was starving. I was barely able to escape that room. I then snapped out of my trance state as a hand fell onto my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" asked Mono. I nodded and walked to the floorboard that seemed lower than the rest. "I-" my voice cracked and I cleared my throat. "I think this is the way out." We all jumped on the floorboard until it cracked and we fell through. We then came out and into a dark hallway only illuminated by the light coming from a door. Weird and strange noises were coming from it. As we crept towards it, it made a noise as if alarmed. I covered my mouth quickly. Its neck stretched and the door shut as the noise stopped. All was quiet.

We continued our way around the building. Six then spotted a thing and pointed at it. It looked like, "Pinocchio?" I asked out loud. I then realized it was a bully. I slowly walked towards it. As I walked, it turned into a sprint. "Get back here you son of a gun!" I yelled chasing after it. Six and Mono immediately ran after you. I then ran into a hall. This was all too familiar. I slowed to a walk, being aware of the traps. "What the hell was that?!" Mono yelled, grabbing my shoulders. I just stared at him emotionally. I pushed his hands off me and continued to walk. Six then turned to Mono. "What was that about?" she whispered to him. He shrugged and followed after me.

All was well till the bullies came and trapped Mono and me in a locker, taking Six. We got out and I immediately ran to where Six was. They climbed up this ladder thing into the ceiling as I yelled "LET HER GO YOU KNOCK OFF PINOCCHIOS!!" There was silence except for Mono running towards me. I didn't move. Not an inch. I didn't make a sound. I just...stared at where they took her. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded. We continued our journey with a new quest. To get back Six.