Chapter 2

y/n POV

I think I can trust Mono...for the most part. He seems okay. I mean, other than the whole tackling me thing. But, I guess that is half my fault. I did secretly follow. Anyway, right now we are headed inside The Hunter's house. It's the only way to get to the other side of the island. It would be too far to go around. We climbed through the window as the sound of a music box filled my ears. We cautiously walked out of the kitchen and into the basement.

When we reached the bottom, we looked around. I walked towards a wall and the music got louder. I felt the wall to realize it was hollow. I ran past Mono and into the other room looking for something to break the wall. I looked up and saw an ax in a box. I tried to grab it, but I was too short. What I didn't realize was that Mono came into the room and was watching me. I kept jumping up and down in hopes to reach it. The most were if my hand grazed it. I sighed, about to give up. That was until another had reached up to it and pulled it down.

I quickly turned around to come face to face with the paper bag mask. I sighed holding my heart. "MONO! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled at him. Mono just laughed at my angered face. I smacked the back of his head, grabbed the ax, and dragged it over to the wall without giving Mono another glance. I lifted the ax over my head and tried to swing it, only to fall backward. "Need help?" Mono asked while I groaned in pain on the ground. "Yeah." He pulled me up off the ground and onto my feet. Then we both grabbed the ax. "On the count of 3, we hit the door till it breaks," he told me. "Okay. 3," I said. "2," he said. "3!" we struck the door over and over till it broke.

By this time, the music had stopped. Mono walked into the room, with me following behind. He reached out his hand and called to the girl hiding under the table. She reached out, only to push him out the way. She rushed out of the room and I quickly followed. Mono came running after us. We pushed our way out of the basement when I heard the clatter in the kitchen. I hesitated for a moment but ran after the girl. We ran through a dining room with dead bodies, stuffed as if they were dolls. We climbed into another room and I saw her in the middle of the room, trying to pull a lever hanging from the ceiling.

I cautiously walked towards her. "Hey. It's okay. I won't hurt you," I said. She backed up, only to look back up to the lever. "Hey!" she whisper-yelled, pointing to the ceiling. She cupped her hands as if ready to give me a boost. I understood what she wanted. I ran and she boosted me up. I grabbed the lever on the ceiling and it started to open. Then, she jumped and grabbed my legs, pulling the attic ladder down. Mono just watched in shock at how easy it was for me to talk to her. We fell when the attic came down. "I'm Six. You?" she asked. "Y/n. The boy you met was Mono," I spoke. She nodded.

Timeskip to after the puzzles cause i'm lazy and tired af-

We feel through the little window and onto a pile of fur. As Mono was about to start walking, Six put a finger to her lips motioning to be quiet. We both nodded. When we walked into the room, we saw the Hunter is doing something to the bodies. It made me want to throw up. Mono then pointed to a door and we all started to push on it, causing the Hunter to stop his work and start to turn to us. Finally, we pushed the door open, falling on the other side. Before I could even process what had happened, Mono grabbed my hand and we started to run with Six and hide behind boxes, crates, etc. whenever the Hunter would shoot his gun.

We eventually found a small ledge to hide under. When we hid, Mono pulled me closer as a form of protection and to hide me more from the Hunter. As the Hunter started to walk away,Six started to follow. From a safe distance of course. She looked back and motioned up to follow and we did just that. As we walked, the Hunter would shine his light in search for us, but it never did. He then stopped in the center of a field of tall grass. Then, Mono grabbed Six and I's hands and we crochet into the tall grass. Thanks to our size, we easily were hidden. The Hunter moved again and we followed. Everything was well until a crow flew away making a loud raucous. "Damn bird," I thought to myself. He quickly turned our way shining his ever so bright light at us as we didn't move a muscle. Now he was doing a full 180 look around him to find us. When we finally reached the end of the grass, I grew nervous. "Where do we go next? I-If we stay here any longer, he might find us!" I panicked in my head. I guess Mono could tell because he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Be ready to run," he whispered to both Six and I. We nodded and waited. Then when the Hunter's light turned away, Mono pulled Six and I into a full blown sprint into a hole I didn't even notice. We ran as the Hunter shot his gun, barely missing my foot.

Ima stop here for now. Hope you all enjoyed it so far! :)