Chapter 1

I've been living on this island for as long as I can remember. Today I would be going out scavenging for food. So, here I am. Writing in my little journal.

Y/n POV

I carefully stepped out of my treehouse, hidden from the Hunter. I made sure to grab my little notebook and put it into my sweater's pocket. I also put on my mask. (kinda like the covid ones) In the process of climbing down the tree, I saw a boy. I could tell by his shape. Being the curious person I am, I followed him. Eventually, he turned a corner. When I did the same, he was nowhere to be seen. I looked around anxiously for him. Suddenly, I was tackled to the ground. I struggled to get away but I couldn't.

Mono POV

I could feel someone watching me as I walked through the forest. I turned a corner and hid behind some bushes. If my superstition was correct, then they would follow me. A few seconds later, a girl my size went to where I was just at. She looked around but couldn't find me. I pounced on her to question her without running away.

"Who are you and why were you following me?!" I yelled in an intimidating voice. This only caused them to struggle more in a state of panic. "L-let me go!" she yelled. When I didn't, she tried to push me off. She eventually did, causing me to fall backward. She got up quickly and tried to run away. Keyword, TRIED. I got up quickly after a second of shock and ran after them. Me, being faster, I caught up to them fairly quickly. I grabbed their wrist as they struggled to getaway.

Y/n POV

I pushed the male off of me and quickly scattered to my feet. "I never should have followed him!" I thought to myself. I didn't get too far because the male grabbed my wrist. No matter how hard I tried to pull away, I couldn't. He had an iron grip on my wrist. I eventually stopped knowing it was no use and I was just wasting my energy. "Who are you? And why were you following me?" he asked in a calmer voice. I lowered my head. "Y/n," I spoke, barely above a whisper yet he still heard. "Mono," he said letting go of my wrist. I held my wrist to my chest, rubbing it slightly to stop the stinging pain from when he grabbed it so hard. I glanced up at him cautiously. I nodded. "Now," his face covered by the paper bag got close to my face, causing me to flinch a bit. "Why were you following me?" "I-I don't see m-many people w-who aren't m-monsters here..." I stuttered. "Monsters?" he asked, seemingly confused. All I did was nod. I started to back up a bit seeing as he was a little too close. I pulled up my mask a little as a wave of awkward silence washed by.

"Seems like you know your way around here pretty well. Wanna help me get off the island?" he asked me. My eyes widened. "Sure!"

Then went off on our way...