12

These days the modern young lady must display a miscellany of talents in her quest for a suitor

These days the modern young lady must display a miscellany of talents in her quest for a suitor.She just be a witty conversationalist, an accomplished musician, and an expert in the art of the swoon.For managing to faint with nary a petticoat out of place is a most conveted talent indeed.Of course, not everyone has fallen victim to the royal fever sweeping through London Town.One of the diamonds in particular seems quite immune... making this author quite wonder if the crown has lost its luster.

"Anastasia"Ophelia says breaking the young Hathaway out of her trance."Yes"Anastasia says while continuing playing the piano."I have something to tell you"Ophelia says with a smile."I know that smile....have you...met someone?"Anastasia asks and Ophelia nods."He was so charming and sweet....and handsome"Ophelia says with dreamy eyes."And who's this fine gentleman may I ask?" Anastasia asks."It's Prince Friedrich"Ophelia says and Anastasia's eyes widen. "That's amazing, I'm so happy for you....but isn't Cressida pursuing him?"Anastasia says."She thinks that, but he told me he wants my hand in marriage" Ophelia says."That fast, it must've been love at first sight, how romantic"Anastasia says while smiling. "And I have to thank Prince Theodore for that, because without him not introducing me to him that wouldn't have happened"Ophelia says.Anastasia smiles by the mention of Theo.

As everyone was having tea at the park, Anastasia walks besides her Duchess Hathaway and Ophelia. They see two people walking there way with royal guards behind them."Is that who I think it is?" Anastasia asks while looking at Ophelia who's blushing.Both men stand besides each other while greeting the women."Your majesties, what a pleasure" Duchess Hathaway says."It is Duchess Hathaway, but may I ask if I can escort Miss Ophelia to some tea?" Friedrich asks and there mother nods.Ophelia and Friedrich walk away with smiles in there faces."They're so cute together don't you think?" Anastasia says and Theo nods."You shall thank me for that"Theo says with a proud smile."And how shall I thank our Prince of Italy?" Anastasia  says teasingly."By letting me take you for a walk, if Duchess Hathaway allows me too"Theo says."You shall have my permission"Duchess Hathaway says with a smile while walking away to speak to Violet. "Have you noticed Lady Cowper and Cressida glaring daggers at my sister and Prince Friedrich" Anastasia says while watching the mother daughter pair looking at Ophelia with mean faces."Like mother like daughter, they both have nasty personalities"Theo says."May I ask you something?" Anastasia asks and Theo nods."Why me?" Anastasia asks."Why you?"Theo asks and Anastasia nods."Why did you pick me out of all the beautiful and perfect debutants?" Anastasia asks feeling self-conscious of herself.Theo looks at the girl standing before him." Anastasia....words can't describe your perfection my love, it's like god has blessed me with an Angel...a perfect and beautiful Angel.I love the way you care and the way you love, which I hope you love me the same.If you saw the way I see you....you would feel like a goddess sent from above.Because Anastasia Hathaway you're beautiful and have a beautiful personality too.So Don't ever ask me that question again because I will kiss you right here, right now"Theo says making Anastasia's heart flutter."How did I get so lucky"Anastasia says with a smile."I ask myself the same thing my love"Theo says while kissing her hand."If I had the chance to kiss you I would" Anastasia says."If I have to wait an eternity I would wait for you"Theo says.Far away from them stood Daphne and Simon looking at the pair who looked stuck in there own world."I believe Anthony has lost this one"Simon says and Daphne slowly nods."But he's so stubborn he won't give up, he hates losing" Daphne says."Well this one is going to hurt him, but he has to accept his defeat"Simon says.