6

Anastasia and Duchess Hathaway get escorted by a royal guard to the Queen who was sitting down in a table with some biscuits and tea

Anastasia and Duchess Hathaway get escorted by a royal guard to the Queen who was sitting down in a table with some biscuits and tea.They both bow in respect and smile."Your majesty"Both Hathaway's say.The Queen gives them a nod with a smile signaling them to take a seat."It has come to my attention your daughter has been one of the successful diamonds of the season, which I'm still hoping for Miss Bridgerton to get back on track.But I want to discuss a potential suitor."The Queen says and takes a drink of her tea."I have a nephew, he seems quite wanting peace for a while until his other cousin comes and gets presented, he has come to visit and he might be looking for a potential wife to make her his princess of Italy."The Queen says and then the doors open and in comes the boy that Anastasia met at Lady Danbury's garden which makes Anastasia's eyes go wide.They both make eye contact and he smirks."This is my nephew Prince Theodore O' Carrol of Italy"The Queen says making both Hathaway lady's stand up and bow."No need for formality"Theo says while kissing Anastasia's hand.They both gaze into each other's eyes and Anastasia's breath hitches.The Queen notices and smirks."Theo, don't you have a present for Miss Hathaway."The Queen says and he nods.A servant comes with a small box and Theo opens it and takes out a beautiful diamond necklace."For my fairest diamond"Theo says while giving her a wink and Anastasia smiles.Theo goes behind her and puts on the necklace making sure his fingers brush against her skin making her take a deep breath."Thank you your highness"Anastasia says while smiling."Will I see you at tonight's ball?"Anastasia asks."Hmmm, I'm afraid not"Theo says and then hands her a card to her hand."Read it when you're alone"Theo says whispering into her ear.

As Anastasia walks into her room she takes out the card and reads it.

In tonight's ball make sure to wear the necklace, so I may find you.Go to the ball's garden when the lights turn on.I shall be there, you may want to take a chaperone for you may not want to ruin your image.

Anastasia let's out a breath she has been holding.Oh how Anastasia hasn't been so excited to go to a ball. Anastasia smiles fades away quickly.But what shall happen to Anthony.If he wanted her he should have already asked for her hand.She quickly shakes the thought not wanting to stress her out.

Be it shame or slander, seduction or smear, there is but one thing that humbles even the most highly- regarded members of our dear ton....a scandal!Well, dear reader, it should seem that all of Grosvenor Square has been left to ponder a rather scandalous question. indeed.Might one former diamond's recent fall from grace turn out to be the most damning scandal of all?

Anastasia gets out of the boat with the help of her brother.Some people turn to the youngest Hathaway noticing the diamond necklace."I might just get myself a prince to bare me with diamond gifts" Ophelia says jokingly."Can you be my chaperone tonight when I meet with the prince?"Anastasia whispers to Ophelia who nods."Of course, don't worry."Ophelia says."Then stick with me the whole night"Anastasia says and they both walk towards the stand that had drinks."What of Anthony?"Ophelia asks and Anastasia shrugs."I do not know, he tells me he's going to propose but doesn't do it.Actions are bigger than words"Anastasia says and she sees Anthony with his brothers.Anastasia walks up to them with Ophelia next to her."Benedict.Colin. Anthony"Anastasia says."Anastasia what a surprise, and is that a diamond necklace I see"Benedict says and the Bridgerton brothers look at the necklace. "May I ask whom gave that to you?"Colin asks intrigued."That's for me to know.And for you not to find out."Anastasia says teasingly."Amusing as usual"Anthony says."May I have a word with you Anthony"Anastasia says making him nod.They both a few steps from there siblings making sure they don't hear the conversation."What of your proposal?"Anastasia asks making Anthony sigh."I wi-"Anthony starts to say but gets cut off by Anastasia, "You keep saying you will, and you will.But it's always the same you never propose.Is there something from stopping you?"Anastasia says with a look of hurt."Anastasia"Anthony says."Oh my god.You have feelings for the Oprah singer.You don't have fully closure with her, but you want me as your puppet.Look you can't have both.You can't go to me when you're bored with her and then go back to her when you're bored with me, Anthony.That's not how it works.So I will make this simple for you Anthony Bridgerton.Go to her." Anastasia says."Anastasia it's not like that.I love you.But I am not simply just ready to get married right away I need time" Anthony says."But you like her.This is not a game of who does Anthony get to have.We're both woman, with duty's.Unlike you we can't do whatever we want.I was up to give you a second chance, but now the time is up." Anastasia says and quickly leaves.Ophelia notices her sister walking away upset. She goes up to Anthony who looks at her."You know you amuse me.The biggest rake in love with two girls at the same time.How thoughtful of you.But let me tell you something.Anastasia has this kind of aura that attracts men, so be ready to lose her.Oh wait, you already did."Ophelia says while smiling and walking away.
   Both the Hathaway sisters were talking with Colin. The announcer announce that they were about to turn on the garden lights, which makes both Hathaway sisters look at each other and nod."May you excuse you, Ophelia and I have to talk with our mama"Anastasia says which Colin nods.They both walk off to the garden.They see a Theo holding flowers."Anastasia, I'm glad you made it"Theo says while giving Anastasia the flowers and kissing her hand."Well It wouldn't have been nice to leave you hanging.I do have a question."Anastasia says with a smile."And I have an answer"Theo says."When we first met, why didn't you tell me who you were?" Anastasia asks."I want to keep my title on the low right now.I'm waiting for my dear cousin to come so we can both be presented.And then I shall escort you properly and show you off like the truest diamond you are."Theo says while pushing a peace of hair behind Anastasia's ear."You're quite the charmer aren't you?"Anastasia says with a smile."Only to beautiful ladies like you"Theo says and Anastasia blushes."I shall like to know more about you your highness."Anastasia says and Theo nods.The whole night Anastasia and Theo talked making them both have affection towards one another.And as for Anthony he was looking for the young Hathaway all night not being able to find her, to only be distracted by Simon and Daphne dancing.

For those not in attendance at the Vauxhall celebration, you missed the most remarkable coup of the season.It appears Miss Daphne Bridgerton has captured the interest of the newly returned Duke of Hastings.How the young Miss secured her newfound suitor is yet to be determined.Yet, if anyone shall reveal the circumstances of this match, it is I.

Yours Truly,
    Lady Whistledown