7

There will forever be just two words that come to this author's mind the morning after any good party, "shock" and "delight"

There will forever be just two words that come to this author's mind the morning after any good party, "shock" and "delight".Well, dear reader, the scandalous accounts from last night's soirée at Vauxhall are quite shocking and delightful indeed.
Emerging, Phoenix-like from the ashes of irrelevance, is one Miss Daphne Bridgerton.The illustrious debutante was seen dancing not once, but twice with the season's most eligible and most uncatchable rake, the Duke of Hastings.
And as for our other diamond Miss Anastasia Hathaway seemed to disappear throughout the night.I wonder where?

"Miss Hathaway"Lucy says and Anastasia looks towards her."Yes"Anastasia says while putting down her book."A gift from Prince Theodore"Lucy says while opening a box.Anastasia gets up and takes a look inside to see a diamond earrings and necklace.
"They're beautiful"Lucy says while both girls stare in awe towards the jewels.They get interrupted by another maid."Miss Hathaway Prince Theodore has sent more gifts"Claire the maid says.A maid brings in a box and two small boxes.Anastasia and Lucy look at each other."Thank you, you may go except for you Lucy"Anastasia says.They all leave except for Lucy and Anastasia.They both walk towards the boxes that were in the table.Anastasia grabs the big one and opens it to see a beautiful and expensive gown that many woman would kill for."There are no words to describe how beautiful this dress is" Anastasia says while her heart flutters."Miss Anastasia you're going to look like a goddess with this on"Lucy says.Anastasia then opens the other two boxes to see a set of a sapphire necklace and earrings with a ring.The other box had the same but they were emeralds instead.They were soon interrupted by the door opening.They both look to see Anthony walking in and the announcer walking shortly after."I'm sorry I couldn't stop him"The announcer says and Anastasia nods."It's fine" Anastasia says while putting down the box."What's that?"Anthony asks while looking at the jewelry. Lucy quickly silently grabs the note and puts her hands behind her back."None of your concern, first you barge into my home and then you question me?" Anastasia asks.Anthony looks at the dress and the three boxes that held the most expensive jewelry. "A suitor?I believe, well he must be a fool to think you might give him a chance.But I must admit he has such a quite expensive taste."Anthony says."And who are you to say such a thing?....Why'd you come,Lord Bridgerton?" Anastasia asks."I just wanted to ask if you were doing fine yesterday, I couldn't seem to find you." Anthony says."I was fine and why would I give you an explanation it's none of your concern.And if you don't have any other idiotic questions to ask me, you may go."Anastasia says while giving him a fake smile." Anastasia I hope you understand I'm not ready for marriage.But I do love you Anastasia Hathaway.Truly."Anthony says and Anastasia rolls her eyes."Telling me the same thing doesn't mean I go back to you every time.And Lord Bridgerton I hope you resolve whatever complicated issues you have with marriage, and for me I wish to wed since it's my duty.Thank you for coming.You could be escorted out." Anastasia says while going back to look at the dress.Anthony looks at the girl he loves in amaze.The truth is he always thought Anastasia deserved better, but doesn't really seem to want to let go when someone tries to take her away from him.He was selfish.And he knew that.Anastasia knew that.Anthony always thought Anastasia wasn't going to enter the social season to wed, that's why he would always make Anastasia promise that she wouldn't.

Anastasia enters the ball room with her brother escorting her and Ophelia."Cordelia.Alec.How are you this lovely evening"Lady Bridgerton says with a smile while approaching her two old friends."We're doing well Violet.I see Daphne is doing well with the Duke."Duchess Hathaway says. "They're doing amazing.As I have heard Anastasia is doing amazing.Has she picked any well suitor?"Lady Bridgerton asks."Not that we know of.That young lady barely tells us things."Duke Hathaway says jokingly."I always thought Anastasia was quite fond of Anthony.They always had that spark."Lady Bridgerton says."Certainly we've seen it.How amazing would it be if we do become in laws."Duchess Hathaway says."Well we could make it happen.I for one think Anthony needs to have a wife immediately."Lady Bridgerton says."There is actually this one suitor that Anastasia is quite getting fond of.But I would say we shall make our kids make that decision.But it would be lovely if it would happen."Duke Hathaway says.
Daphne and Anastasia were both in a corner in the ball room drinking lemonade."And what of you?Is there anyone within your interest?"Daphne asks with a smile."Well can you keep a secret?" Anastasia asks jokingly."I take offense to that, I am your best friend after all."Daphne says while laughing."Well the Queen introduced me to her nephew the prince of Italy.And he is so sweet and handsome.And every time I think of him I get butterflies.But also I can't seem to take Anthony off of my mind."Anastasia says."A prince?!That's amazing.You could be a Princess, with only the Queen above you."Daphne says with a smile."I know, I just can't decide who.I guess whoever decides to marry me first.And as I see it, the prince will." Anastasia says."I don't blame you.It is our duty to do so.Without that we're nothing."Daphne says.