Chapter 3

I looked over it and I swear I had proof read it but some mistakes still managed to slip through so I’m sorry! So on with the story!

Affections and Attention

Chapter Three

                She was currently visiting Haruhi at her mansion, sitting in a small room and sipping tea. Hisoka’s eyes were blood-shot, red rimmed with dark circles underneath them. She had spent the previous night tossing and turning, waking up from horrid dreams that still sent shivers up her spine. She sipped her tea silently, trying to keep her hands from shaking.

                “Look Hisoka, maybe you should move somewhere else for a while. This isn’t healthy for you or the baby,” Haruhi said, setting her tea cup down with a little bit of noise. She folded her arms over her chest, frowning deeply.

                “But I don’t know if I can,” Hisoka replied softly, setting her own cup down softly. She really didn’t like the idea of leaving him. Even coming to visit Haruhi between lunch and dinner was a bit of a push but she didn’t know what else to do.

                “Alright then how about this. Why don’t you spend the next few months at a private Ootori resort and relax. I can come visit every now and then and I think you can always call Fuyumi to come. She really likes you and she might be able to help you,” Haruhi suggested, trying to thinking of options to give Hisoka.

                Hisoka started shaking and hugged herself just above the small bump that had been become more pronounced as days went on. “I don’t want to…but he doesn’t seem to want to listen. He thinks he knows what I’m going to say so I never have a chance…” True she had one the night before but she was so upset she didn’t have the heart to tell him.

                Haruhi sighed and got up; moving to the chair Hisoka was seated in and sat on the arm of it. “Look. You either have to grow a backbone and upset Kyoya-sempai or take some time for yourself. Maybe he’ll eventually notice and come for you. Make him realize what he’s missing.”

                She let out a sad sigh and just nodded. “But…Should I tell him that I’m leaving?”

                Haruhi shook her head in response. “No. He won’t listen to you if you do. Probably won’t remember where you went if you said anything anyways. He’s smart enough to track you down without you having to tell him. It’ll be good for him.”

                Hisoka took a deep breath, definitely not prepared for what was going to happen but she knew it would have to. At this point she didn’t have much of a choice. She would rather leave him to himself than make him upset at her and dismiss her himself. She stood up and faced Haruhi, clenching her jaw slightly. “Will you come with me then? Get…settled in and everything. I suppose we could invite the other old host club members. We all haven’t spent time together for months now.”

                Haruhi nodded and then grimaced. “Of course Tamaki will be pleased about this. He’ll be just like a child. Although I do miss the stupid things they all did…” She smiled slightly at the thought. “Come on. Let’s go see if Tamaki-chan is home yet. Better tell him.”

                Hisoka nodded and followed after her, putting a small hand on her stomach. She was still not used to it and even though she lay in bed each night rubbing it, it was still hard to convince her. She could imagine a million different scenarios for Kyoya to find out but the ones that seemed the most realistic always seemed the most painful.