The Last Chapter.

ACT 7, EPILOGUE.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Is that it?" Lupin, the brown-haired boy, asked.

"Oh. Why did the story finished quickly?" Lilac, the blonde-haired girl seconded.

The two pouted at me and I only chuckled at their cuteness. I gave them a gentle pat before ruffling their hairs playfully. "It's because I don't remember the rest of the story anymore. It's been a long time since I've read it."

"Hmp! What was the title again?" Lilac asked.

I smiled as I pinched the tip of her nose. "Book of Adventures. You can't find any copy of it these days." I lied again.

Truthfully, I could still recall every part of it, but I know for sure that the kids will ask a copy of that book I told them if I continued. Like a physical proof that it was really a story from a book, which I do not have. Only the gods of death has a book of records about ones life after all.

The two children were still bugging me about the continuation of the story, but they soon stopped when Levi appeared. He handed them both a striped candy cane to silence them.

"We should go now. We might miss the mistress' arrival if we stay here," he reminded.

I nodded at him then went to where the kids were. We've only known the kids for a short time, but we've grown closer because of the stories I've been telling them. They were quite fascinated by it despite my fast paced storytelling. I wasn't really a good storyteller, you know?

"Awe. Roan's living already!" Lupin pouted sadly.

He was one of the smart children that I've met in this village, along with his sister Lilac. The rest of the kids were too annoying for me.

"Come visit us again. Cropstone Village will surely welcome the both of you," the leader of the village said.

"Indeed. We are truly grateful for your help. Without the two of you, we won't be able to achieve the abundant reward of farming," the leader's wife added.

Levi only smiled at them while I shook their hands. "We'll try to visit again in the future, Mr. Cropper," I said.

We were about to get inside the carriage when Lilac called me.

"I have something for you!" She exclaimed then she handed me something. It was a handmade bracelet. I chuckled as I noticed the clumsy structure of it.

"Thank you, Lilac."

"You have to come and visit us again, okay?" She said.

I pat her head gently. "I will. I'll bring lots of food again."

"Let's go," Levi called.

I waved my hand to them before boarding the carriage. I wasn't really the soft hearted one here, it was Levi. He was tearing up when I sat across him. It was four years ago when I found out that he has a soft spot for cute kids. The reason why he was able to accept me back then.

"Are we going back to the capital?" I asked, making sure of our next stop.

Levi wiped the tears on the side of his eyes then he shook his head.

"We're going to the Church in the City of Monally. Master relayed a message that she'll be there."

"I hope she can stay longer this time." A small smile formed on my lips as I watched the scenery outside.

It has been a few years since master's last visit to us. And we couldn't be more excited to welcome her again in the estate.

Though I wonder what will happen if the Empire continue to grow along with the class system that the new monarch established three years ago. It appears that the people felt more suffocated because of that discriminative system.

Would it have been better if I stayed as the monarch before and waited until her arrival? Or is this the natural outcome of the changing world? Nevertheless, it feels thrilling to witness the outcome of the empire's greed versus the strong desire of the people for a brighter change.