"Okay."She says, tucking her bangs behind her ear. "I finished my last book. I cried a little."

"We can go get you some more later today or tomorrow."

"You shouldn't trust me in a Barnes and Noble."Carter giggles to herself. "I have more books than friends."

"Hey, I'm your friend."I tell her, she only smiles and shakes her head. "Well, more than a friend if you think about it."

"Tyler!"She groans, covers her face with her hands and rests her head on the counter. I just chuckle at her and kiss the top of her head before handing her the yogurt.

"You need to eat your breakfast, princess."I rest my elbows on the counter and when she lifts her head up to peer up at me, I cup her cute little face in my hands and kiss her softly.

"Are you doing anything today?"Carter asks, popping a strawberry in her beautiful mouth.

"I have some pack things I need to deal with today, lovely."I answer her. "I'll be home later this afternoon. Lee and Aleks are going to be here at ten."

"Okay."She nods. "Why do you always send people up here to stay with me while you're gone?"

"With all the rogue business that's been going on, I'll do anything to protect you."I tell her, leaning foreword and kissing her nose.

"So, it's not because of when I almost..."She looks down and bites her lip. Her voice is quieter than it usually is and her little nose starts to turn pink. I've noticed that's a sign of her being on the verge of tears.

"Carter, look at me."I take her chin in my hand and force her eyes to meet mine. "I honestly don't think you'd do that again. I trust you more than anyone, you know that. They're here for your protection because if anything ever happened to you and I could've done something to protect you, I would never forgive myself."

"I don't need a babysitter, Tyler."She tells me quietly. "I'm an adult that children are taller than, but that doesn't mean I can't look after myself."

I smile at her little joke, but tuck her bangs behind her ear to make sure she knows I'm serious.

"I know you are, darling."I tell her. "I'm just worried that there's going to be another rogue attack."

"I don't want to be left here all day, not again."Carter pouts. "That's all I've done since I moved in here."

"How about, as soon as I get home, we can go anywhere and do anything you want?"I propose to her as I run my fingers trough her hair before cupping her face with my hands, running my thumbs over her cheek bones.

"Okay."She gives me a small smile as her cheeks turn pink.

I walk over to her side of the counter and wrap my arms around her waist, having to lean down a good bit to rest my chin on the top over her head.

"I won't be leaving for another few hours, little one. Do you want to do anything now?"I ask her, leaning even farther down to burry my head in her neck and inhale her scent deeply. "I can't take you out now, but we can do whatever you want here."

Carter stands up from the stool and turns towards me again and I wrap my arms back around her waist.

"Couch time?"She asks, having to look up at me.

"You're so short."I chuckle.

"Shut up."She looks down and blushes.

"It's cute."I admit to her, moving my hands to the backs of her small thighs and lift her up, she wraps her legs around my waist. She gives me a small smile once she's almost eye level, I lean foreword and peck her on the lips.