Chapter Eight

[VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE]

After I got home, I stayed up all night. All night wondering why or how I fainted. I remember wanting to taste Joey's blood and then everything went black. I also remember dreaming about Joey. It's too hazy to remember what happened but I recall somewhere in there I said his name. Why would I of all people faint? What is going on with me? I can't take all of this stress. Something is up with Joey and I think I really need a friend right now for some good old fashioned girl intervening. I called Taylor and asked her to come over immediately. It felt like I haven't seen her in forever and we really need to reconnect. Now that I thought about it I really did miss her. I bet she was dying to hear all of the gossip I have about the last week. The doorbell rang and I got out of bed to answer it. I really hoped Taylor brought some ice cream or junk food or at least something. As I was walking downstairs I was getting really excited to see her. I opened the door and saw............Joey!!! What the hell is he doing here?!?

"HA HA HA! You should've seen the look on your face!!!" Taylor said as she shifted back to herself.

"Oh I am so gonna get you for that." Her "joke" almost gave me a heart attack.

"Fine but that was the best prank ever!"

I moved to the side to let her in.

"Okay first things first, How was your date with Brad?"

"It was SPECTACULAR!!!! He kissed me!" she squealed

"So you guys are like a thing now?" she nodded

"That's great I'm so happy for you!" and I really was. At least somebody was having a good time with a guy. I just missed her a lot. I couldn't say whole-heartedly that I was completely happy for her. I was still a little jealous. Why did I have to like somebody who was a complete and total jack ass? Ugh I don't know what to do with myself.

Taylor saw the look on my face and said: "Aww kid it's fine we still have to make Joey jealous!"

"You know what? You're right. So when are we gonna go to the pool for another scheme?"

"I heard Joey was gonna be there on Wednesday with the rest of the football team and some more people"

People as in a bunch of idiots and whores. Blech. "Cool, Wednesday it is." I said.

See Taylor and I can go to any party we want, but we're not a part of any crowd. People in school just liked us, but never thought to really try to befriend us. I mean we know people in school but we don't really socialize. Well...I don't really but sometimes Taylor does. She was the social butterfly and I honestly couldn't stand anybody else but her at times.

****************************************************************

Joey's P.O.V.

Sunday mornings are just weird. They are because you wake up and you remember everything from the night before. It all hits you and you wonder if it even happened at all. That's how I felt about last night. I remembered dancing with Vasci, singing to her and kissing her. I remember driving to my house and her fainting. I was really worried about her and I knew I had to make sure she was alright. I remember going up to my room to check on her and seeing my bed....empty.....where she had been laying peacefully. I stayed up all night wondering how she got out without my sister or me knowing. I sat in my bed, staring at nothing. I even looked out my open window and saw her car still there. She looked so pretty when she slept. Around her most deepest sleep hours she kept mumbling something in her sleep. And when I turned around to go get some water, I swear I heard her say 'Joey'. But when I turned back she rolled over and snuggled into my blankets. I wanted so badly to just lay down next to her. To take the place of those blankets and have her use me for warmth. I would give the world just to have her here again. Sleeping soundly in my bed. This Wednesday me and the football team and some more people are going to the pool. I really hoped I'd see Vascaria there. I knew she was planning stuff to torment me like when she kissed me in the closet at school and then left. It's like she's a temptress set on me by a crazy wife. But I also know she has a physical attraction towards me whether she knows that or not, so until the pool party I'm going to avoid her just to see how strong that attraction is. I felt devious in my sneaky ways. But I knew if I were having these feelings for her then she must be having something too. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I draw extreme pleasure from knowing how much she wants me. But now a question has presented itself: Can she tell how much I want her? Does she see how I can't get enough of her. How I love to feel her warm skin against mine. How if I could get her, in return I'd give my soul to the devil. How I can't look away from her green eyes that sparkle in reflection of mine. This is so unprecedented I didn't know what I would do. I knew something big would happen soon but I couldn't tell what. I only hoped that it would be good rather than bad. I was on a rocky road.