Mr. CDC, Weapons, And Sophia

Start from the beginning

◇☆◇☆◇☆

"You know, in italy and France children have a bit of wine at dinner" Dale says, making me scrunch my nose in confusion. Lori shakes her head.
"Well, when Carl is in Italy or France then he can" She says. 
"Come on. Just a little bit" Rick says, slightly drunk, Lori surrenders making me laugh as Dale pours wine in Carl's glass. I smile at the disgusted look Carl gives after drinking the small bit of wine he tried.

As I sit on the floor against the wall, away from the group, I lean my head against the wall watching the table of people be happy. 

Happier than what I've seen this past week.

I look at my plate of food, I got full really fast, I didn't even get halfway through. I look up when I hear clanking of a glass.
"It seems to me we haven't thanked our host yet" Rick says with a big smile, T-Dog joins in.
"He is more than just our host" T-Dog says, making Daryl raise his wine bottle.
"Booyah!" Daryl says, others joining and saying a booyah also.

I lean my head back against the wall. I finally go through everything that's happened lately. Grandpa, uncle Paul missing, Morgan and Duane, Merle, the vatos.
Uncle paul wasn't actually related to us…. He just became family somehow.

 I haven't even thought of Grandma's younger brother, he's 12 years younger than she was if I remember correctly. He was always nice to me, he kinda reminded me of Merle…...but a nice version. He would watch me when uncle paul or grandpa couldn't keep an eye on me. He moved away awhile before this shit show happened, with his wife. I smile remembering when she sent me a letter about some leather jacket he bought, she was gonna throw it away but she only hid it. I called him by his last name, I gave him some nicknames but I mainly called him Smithy.

I remember this one time he decided to surprise visit me……. The look on his face after he saw what mother was doing to me with a kitchen knife….. I thought he was going to kill her but…..he didn't. He ran to me, picked me up and left, ignoring my father's threats and my mother's yelling. 

But, when he moved away grandpa tried to get me away from mother and father. Didn't work, he couldn't take me cause he was too old to raise a child. Uncle Paul….. he didn't cause he mysteriously moved somewhere, without telling me or grandpa. 

I realize someone is sitting next to me so I look over.
"Hi, Mr. Crossbow" I whisper, he nods.
"I been sittin' here for a bit. Ya only notice me now" He says, I nod.
"I was thinking" I say, fiddling with my backpack zipper, he leans his back on the wall.
" 'Bout?" He asks, making me look down at my lap and fidget.
"My grandpa, uncle Paul and my Grandma's little brother. Nothing important really" I mumble, he nods and drinks out of the wine bottle.

"Thank you" I suddenly say, he glances at me.
"For taking care of me since we met, I know it's probably not willingly but still. Thanks" I say, he just grunts. 
We sit in silence just watching the group. I open my bag and grab the bracelet and ring. I slightly kick Daryl's leg and he looks at me with a look of annoyance on his face. 
"Hand" I ask, he gives me his left hand while he drinks more from the bottle. I grab his hand and put the bow ring on his pinky. He looks at it then at me.
"I trust you" I say, putting the arrow bracelet on. I see him glaring at the ring.

"You can have the bracelet" I say, smiling cause I know he'd rather wear the ring. He huffs and just drinks.

◇☆◇☆◇☆

After everyone freaking out about hot water I go to the rec room and plop on the couch. After awhile Sophia and Carol came in. Carol looked at me and gave me a small smile.
"You can go get cleaned up in our room, sweetie. Here, these are a pair of Sophia's clothes, they might be a bit big on you" Carol says, handing them to me, I smile at her.
"Thank you" I tell her.
"Uhmmm. Carol?" I mumble, she looks at me.
"Could I….Uhm… Could I teach Sophia how to use a knife?" I ask, Carol frowns.
"I don't want her too. But, I know it might be helpful for her in the future. So go ahead. But I want to be there watching to make sure you two dont get hurt" Carol says, a sad smile on her face, I nod.
 I leave the rec room and go to Carol and Sophia's room.