Ch. 2: Yeesh, That's Gotta Stop

~~~~~ 3rd Person POV ~~~~~

     Inside the throne room, a villager is standing at the foot of the throne as a big man and a scary-looking woman look down on him.

     "And why have you come here today?" the woman demands.

     "Well... Your Highness- I mean, Your Grace..."

Ok, gang, check out this piece of work.

     The woman sits on the throne with a large purple and blue accessory (?) spread behind her like peacock feathers as her fingers drum impatiently on the throne's arm.

This is Yzma, the emperor's advisor - living proof that dinosaurs once roamed the earth.

     The tall man stands at Yzma's side, not really paying attention to what the man is saying, but happy to be there.

And let's not forget Yzma's right-hand man. Every decade or so she gets a new one. This year's model is called Kronk.

     A fly starts buzzing and flying around Yzma and Kronk.

     "Yeah, I got that there, Yzma."

     Kronk tries to swat the fly away. The fly lands on his forehead and Kronk ends up hitting himself and falling as the fly flies away unharmed.

Yep, that's Kronk.

     Yzma rubs her face in annoyance before turning back to the peasant that is trying to speak with her.

Now, lately, Yzma's gotten into this bad habit of trying to run the country behind my back, and I'm thinkin' that's got to stop.

     Eventually Yzma just interrupts the peasant. "It is no concern of mine whether your family has-- what was it again?"

     "Um, food?"

     "Ha! You really should have thought of that before you became peasants! We're through here. Take him away. Next!"

     "But I-" the man tries to say before two guards grab each of his arms. He submits to them and they drag him out of the throne room.

     Yzma rubs her forehead in an attempt to help her oncoming headache as she groans.

     "The nerve of some of those peasants, huh?"

     "Tell me about it."

     Yzma takes a second to realize that it was Kuzco that said that, but once she does, she jumps off the throne with a yell.

     "Hi there."

     "Ooh! Your highness," Yzma stammers out with a nervous laugh.

     Kuzco fake coughs into his fist as Yzma frantically dusts off his throne that she was previously sitting on.

     "Uh, you were doing it again."

     Yzma nervously laughs again as she throws her headdress (?) off of the throne.

     "Doing what?"

     "Doing my job. I'm the emperor, and you're the emperor's advisor. Remember that?"

     "But, Your Highness, I was only dealing with meaningless peasant matters."

     Yzma keeps talking as Kuzco begins to zone out.

Whoa. Look at these wrinkles. What is holding this woman together? (Sees something green stuck in her teeth) What the-?! How long has that been there?

     "Good thinkin', Yzma," Kronk says out of the blue. "What do you think, Kuzco?" Kuzco is finally knocked out of his trance by a small fist bump to the arm from Kronk.

     "Whoa! No touchy! No touchy. No touch."

     A servant interrupts the conversation from going any further by saying, "Excuse me, Your Highness. The village leader is here to see you."

     "Oh, great. Send him in." Kuzco then turns to Yzma. "Oh, and by the way, you're fired."

     "Fired?! W-w-what do you mean, fired?"

     "Um, how else can I say it?" Kuzco snaps his fingers and a servant with a feather and paper begins to write down what Kuzco is saying. "You're being let go, your department's being downsized, you're part of an outplacement, we're going in a different direction, we're not picking up your option... take your pick. I got more."

     With that the scribe hands the paper to Yzma as she tries to utter out a response. She collapses onto the throne before she can finally speak again.

     "But-but, Your Highness, I have been nothing if not loyal to the empire for-for-for many, many years."

     "Hey, hey, everybody hits their stride. You just hit yours 50 years ago. Now, who's in my chair?"

     Kronk excitedly comes up and says, "Oh, oh! I know! Yzma. Yzma is in your chair, right?"

     "Very good, Kronk! Here. Get the snack." Kuzco congratulates Kronk before throwing him a snack that goes over Kronk's head and onto the floor below, with Kronk quickly following behind.

     "Ok, you heard the man. Up, up, up."

     Yzma snarls down the throne's stairs, Kronk lets us know he is ok, and Kuzco settles down onto the throne before calling for Pacha to be let in.