eighty three

ALEC ROMANO

I knew Amara was angry, but I didn't realise how angry.

She was silent the whole car ride home, arms crossed and eyebrows narrow.

Her eyes were in thin slits, glaring at everything. I tried to speak with her but she didn't respond.

Once we arrived back at Marco's, she stormed off, slamming a door behind her.

"If she breaks my door I swear-" Marco said light-heartedly, trying to lighten the mood.

"Call the men." I said.

"What?" Gio and Marco said at the same time, "Call them, now! Tell them to meet us at the spot in fifty minutes. If they're late, I kill them."

Gio nodded, pulling out his phone as did Marco, "What's going on man?"

I shook my head, "You'll find out."

I looked up at the stairs where Amara and I had shared a room, and the door was closed.

The hallway looked dark. The whole house was dark. And cold.

"They're on their way. What now?"

I nodded, "Prepare the weapons and the cars. Call James."

Giovanni had an excited look on his face as Marco just looked proud, "On it, boss."

I headed up the stairs with my hands in my pockets, anger surging through me.

"Open this door Amara, now." I said.

I'm trying to be calm for her sake, as I don't want to yell at her.

When I didn't hear a response, I asked again.

"Open the door Amara or I will not hesitate to knock it down."

I heard shuffling, "Can't I just be alone right now Alec, please!" I heard her say.

I furrowed my brows, thinking; "No. Now open the door."

"No." She spoke back.

Excuse me?

"What?"

"No. Leave me alone."

I balled my fists but calmed myself down.

You're doing this for her, remember, I thought.

"Amara, please."

"Alec! Piss off!"

I sucked my teeth, grabbing the door handle before tugging on it roughly. It jerked slightly before I pulled it even harder.

"What the hell are you doing?" She hisses.

"You're not letting me in, so I'll do it myself."

I press my shoulder against the door, counting to three before using my entire body weight to push the door down.

The door breaks and lands with a thud before I look up, seeing a frightened look on Amara's face.

But that fear turns to anger, "Are you fucking insane?" She yells, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What the hell!" A new voice says.

"My door! Alec- seriously man?"

"I'll buy you a new door, Marco. Now be quiet." I shout, not breaking eye contact with Amara.

I reach for her but she takes a step back, "Do not touch me."

"We have to go, now. Let's go."

She shook her head and I cursed her stubbornness, "Amara- now."