He might have worked a bit too hard when it came to exercising, to the point he loses the count of his reps and just keeps repeating the sets or changing things. It's hard for him to grow bored with moving about and being active. He gets restless easily, can't sleep if he hasn't done something active in the day. He also despises caffeine, prefers something natural, like juice or tea, to get a boost in the day.

He didn't notice the door open while he sat there stretching his legs out in preparation for another set of squats and jump rope. He hardly ever went shirtless unless he was exercising outside in his backyard or alone inside. Ever since he and Shirise had their relationship in high school, he'd been more self-conscious and less out there. Having not expected to work out until Dazai returned, he was only wearing compression shorts and a headband to keep the shorter strands that normally framed his face tucked away. Dazai raised a brow as he shut the door with a groan. He was kind enough to warn him he was bringing somebody over, yet he comes home to this.

He wasn't going to complain, well he was, but not because he didn't like what he saw. Dazai snickered to hide how he found the shorter male's attire extremely attractive. "Chibi~ you're lucky, I'm kind enough to hold off so you can be less... show off." Dazai motioned to the door with a smirk as he watched Chuuya become flustered and start cleaning up. "I brought somebody back, guess you didn't get my text." Chuuya merely rolled his eyes with a low grumble as he walked off to his room and grabbed things to start showering.

Coming out of his shower, he wished he'd stayed in. When Dazai said he'd brought somebody back with him, he didn't think he meant this. The only solution Chuuya had consisted of a pair of headphones that he could play at max volume. Dazai seemed to forget the walls of this dorm were thin, so the room next to his, Chuuya's room, could hear every sound that his guest produced.

Every day after that was the same. He'd text Chuuya three-ten minutes before he got back to the dorm with a girl. In no sense was this ideal. Their second week of rooming together finally came, and Dazai continued to bring girls back every so often, sometimes two days in a row.

Thankfully today Dazai didn't seem to be fucking some poor girl, who hopefully had no expectations of anything else happening between them. Chuuya's activity of the day consisted of going out for a nice jog. It was sunny, the weather wasn't too cold, perfect weather for a jog. He had a loose crop top on, a pair of loose mesh shorts over his compression shorts. His hair in a ponytail with a scrunchy holding it up. Dazai was sitting on the couch snacking on what looked to be several bags of chips. At the sound of Chuuya's feet, Dazai leaned over the couch and started staring.

Dazai didn't watch him consciously, just looked him up and down out of a weird instinct. He followed the curve of his waist and the frame of his face. Dazai's eyes threatened to go lower than the other boy's waist, but he quickly shoved it down with an unsteady gulp. How was it legal to be so heavily masculine in the way he acts, but then come out dressed like that? "Oi, you need something shitty Dazai?" Realizing he'd been caught, Dazai bolted to sit straight and turned around to smirk playfully at Chuuya.

"Hmm~ nope! You just look like a girl right now." Chuuya glared before starting to head towards the door, before this conversation could remind him too much of a certain ex and some things he'd rather never be reminded of. It was shitty that the boy had been on Chuuya's mind since his father brought his name up, but he didn't need Dazai killing his chipper mood. "Aw come on, you're not gonna snap back. I suppose when you get a compliment like that, you don't wanna snap at me! Chibi's so confusing when he acts like this. Now that I think of it you've always reminded me of a girl-" before Dazai could continue picking on his roommate, the redhead was twisting on his heels with a threatening gleam within his eyes.

"Keep running your fucking mouth Dazai, and see what happens!" Dazai smirked, leaning further on the couch as he noticed the reaction he'd gotten out of Chuuya. With this, he was sure Chuuya thought he had simply been looking him over to find points he could use to pick on him with.

"Awe, but Chibi-chan is adorable when he gets all mad over childish insults. You're so sensitive, just like a girl." Dazai didn't have time to react before his eyes were flying wide and his ass was on the floor, his hand covering his nose with a startled hiss.

Chuuya didn't know what part had his breathing unsteady or his mind immediately picturing that night, all he understood was he was lunging out with his fist and slamming it up against Dazai. "I told you to shut up!" his voice wasn't yet a shout, just above his usual loud tone. "You're so fucking annoying!" Chuuya spat insults to distract himself before eventually storming to his room and slamming the door shut, so he could blast his headphones and sketch.

Dazai took several moments to comprehend what had just happened. He'd been on the couch one second and on the floor with a broken nose, well, he was 90% sure it was broken, judging by the pain and the blood dripping from his hands.

The dorm was silent, except for the occasional moans from Dazai's room, the rest of the week leading to orientation.