Chapter five: let the training begin

Last night we watched the recaps of the tribute parade. I look great. Caesar and his co-host Claudius commented on how I kissed Adrien on the cheek. Everyone stared at us when he commented on it. Also, Claudius said how many sponsors will pick us not just because we showed we could be fighting together, our outfits, and how I am the daughter of two victors and I won't lose. I honestly didn't believe them. I have a plan on keeping Adrien alive so he can go home to his family. That night I had a nightmare of me and Adrien in the arena of last year's games and a boy from two came at him and I jumped in front of him but I didn't die and Adrien died either way. I wake up screaming. No one came to comfort me like my father does every time I have a nightmare. I look at the clock and see it's three in the morning. I look in the closet to find an outfit and only found black sports bras and shorts. I get into one of the outfits and walk out to the elevator. I decide to head down to the training room. No one will be down there. When I get there I walk over to the archery section and grab the wooden Bow and Arrow set. I begin to shoot at the target and eventually I walk out to the knife-throwing section and start shooting at the dummies they use. Eventually, I put down the bow and grab a trident. I throw it at a target and hit it right above the bullseye. I guess I'm a little rusty. Suddenly I hear the elevator door open and I throw the trident at the intruder. The person was Finnick. He was crouched down holding his hands up.

Diana's training outfit

Finnick's outfit

"Woah, be careful you almost killed me," Finnick says.

"Sorry, what are you doing up so early?" I ask him.

"I don't sleep because if I do I will just end up in a cycle of nightmares," Finnick says.

"Yeah, mom and dad go through that too. How did you know it was me coming down the elevator?" I ask as I go and grab the trident out of the wall behind him.

"Because you are the only person I know who would be up at this hour. Your throw is good but you need to put your feet differently. It is similar to how you poise when you shoot a bow and arrow," Finnick says. We work on different weapons for the next two hours. We were working on my punches when a loud voice comes over the PA system in the tribute center that neither I nor Finnick knew was there.

"ATTENTION PEACEKEEPERS! A TRIBUTE HAS GONE MISSING, SEARCH THE BUILDING!"

We both stand there confused then another alert goes off.

"ATTENTION PEACEKEEPERS! A MENTOR HAS GONE MISSING, SEARCH THE BUILDING"

Then all of a sudden the elevator doors and emergency stair doors open.

"Force two to base. We found them. They were in the training room," A peacekeeper says.

Then two of the peacekeepers come up to me and grabs me by the arms. Two more peacekeepers go up to Finnick and drag him right behind me. They set the buttons for levels four and twelve. We ride up and the two peacekeepers holding Finnick push him into his penthouse. I look right into the eyes of the boy tribute of district four before the door closes. We ride up to my level and as the door open I see Effie running over from the living room.

"You can let go of her. She isn't a prisoner," Effie says as she comes to give me a hug. Adrien runs over to us with Calix and his stylist right behind. When Effie and I get out of our hug, Adrien comes over to me.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU. YOU SCARED ALL OF US," Adrien yells.

"I was down in the training room. I couldn't go back to sleep after a nightmare I had. You don't need to worry," I say.

"Who was the missing mentor?" Calix asks me.

"Finnick, he never sleeps and saw me go downstairs and went to go help me or talk. I almost took his head off with a trident," I say with a little smirk.

"Come now, Diana. We must get you cleaned up before breakfast," Calix says. Before we go I turn and look at Effie.

"Hey Effie, I want to put in a request," I tell her.

"What would you like to request?" Effie asks me.

"Both Adrien and I will head down to the training room at eight every day if you want me to stay up here till six A.M.," I say.

"Fine, Adrien are you okay with that?" Effie asks him.

"Sure. What will we do down there for two hours before any of the tributes?" Adrien asks me.

"Train. I will help you throw your Axe's the right way and how effective it will be if you hit someone in the head with it. Also, I can teach you to throw a spear and maybe shoot a bow and arrow. We mustn't show our true skills in training with the other kids. They will find out and use it against us," I say. Calix and I walk away before he can say any more.

Adrien's training outfit

Now it is around eight and we all have eaten breakfast and helped get Adrien over the fact that my training clothes a a black bra and small shorts. We go to the elevator and Adrien and I start heading down. We are in silence for a few seconds till Adrien says something.

"Hey, Diana I am sorry for yelling at you earlier. I thought I lost the only person who truly understands me here," Adrien says.

I grab his hand. "I won't be able to die here anyway. They wouldn't allow it. When we get down there I want you to grab an Axe and go over to the dummies," I say.

"That's it? All I gotta do is grab an axe and stand there?" Adrien asks.

"Yes. I will help you with the rest," I say.

The rest of the day goes smoothly till I head over to the trident throwing spot where the district four kids were. I start throwing and the district four boy is staring at me. Eventually I go and get a drink of water. As I am about to put the bottle to my lips I hear someone running up behind me. They grab my shoulder but I grab their hand first. I flip them over my head and onto his back. It's the boy from district four.

"What do you have against me?" I ask him as I pin him to the floor.

"You are just to good to be doing all this. I bet you cheated and trained on your own back home," The boy says as he flips me over and pins me to the floor. He holds his hands on my throat and I start to loss consciousness and right as I black out I see someone hit the boy on the back of the head.