29

"Seems like over the years you have gained a lot of over confidence in yourself, James," Kara scoffed, "me? Jealous?" her eyes slid to look at the girl standing behind James, "from her? Are you serious?"

James's smirk turned into a frown at her words.

"I didn't know you had such a... unique taste." she made a disgusted face.

James' hold on her waist tightened, "do you know what you are saying?" his body was extremely close to hers when he gritted the words dangerously, "you were jealous, Kara. Admit it. Your face shows everything." 

Kara closed the distance between their bodies, lifting up on her tip toes and her lips landed on his neck. Her mouth opened, giving a soft lick with the tip of her tongue before biting down on the skin, grazing with her teeth until there was a crimson mark left on the skin. James' groan vibrated in her ear but she pulled back at the exact moment when he did not want her too, giving her a killer look. She only smirked at him.

Her eyes slid to the girl who was completely shocked at the sight of them.

"Do you really think this..." her eyes roamed over the girl in mockery, "is what I would be jealous of?"

The girl felt insulted at Kara's words. She looked at James for support but James was least bothered about her. Seeing him not spare even a glance at her, the girl stomped out of the room angrily.

James's eyes stayed stuck on Kara the whole time, "if you were not jealous, then why were you so angry as soon as you entered the room?" he asked in a teasing tone.

Kara chuckled, "how much obsessed are you with yourself? Damon works in this same department as well as so many other workers. Moreover, uncle is also here today." she put a finger on his jaw, and traced it down to the mark she had left on his neck teasingly, "if you are really so interested in office sex, then please close the door next time. This is the least you can do for the employees working in the same office as you, alright?" 

She was stepping back from him with a smile on her face when he grabbed her hand and pulled her back, pinning her body to his chest and then pushing her back until her back collided with the wall, trapping her body with his own.

His hand slid down on hers until it reached her palm and his finger encircled around the ring on her finger, "take it off."

Kara chuckled at his words and looked away. James leaned in, his lips finding her earlobe to nibble in a punishing bite before whispering, "Take this fucking thing off your finger, Kara. You know I don't have the habit of giving empty threats."

Kara snatched her hand back from his hold, "forget about it, and me."

James' jaw clenched at her words but he did not pull away. His hand slid in her waist under the t-shirt that she wore paired with a skirt, his palm touching each sensitive spot he knew on her body very well, making her fingers tighten on his shoulder. 

"Tell me, Kara," he whispered, his lips bending down to trace her lips with the tip of his tongue, "how long do you think you will stand? I am going to break you, sooner or later anyway."

Kara shivered as his hand slipped up to press her navel and at the same time his tongue traced down to her jaw from her earlobe.

"You are being stubborn," Kara snapped harshly but the words came out more like a moan.

"The only thing I want, I ever wanted was you." James' words turned soft, "I can't let you get snatched away as well."

"I am not a 'thing' you have to win from your brother at any cost, James."

"You and I were a 'thing' before we even knew what it meant." James chuckled, "remember?"

Kara's body had gone a bit soft, her hands gripping the edge of his shirt on his waist, "I have a promise to keep. I can't let my mom down."

James pulled back from her neck, his lips kissing her forehead gently before pulling back and looking into her eyes, "I know. I wish I was there that night instead of Damon. I have beaten myself up for not being there for you for three years Kara. It has been hell for me without you. But I can't change the time. And I can not also live unless it is you by my side. I only have you. I want to be selfish this time."

Kara gulped nervously at his words. As much as she wanted to embrace him now, she could not. Only she knew how vulnerable he was because he only showed his weakness to her. Her heart had already started melting for him, to forgive him about what happened three years ago but her promise to her mom, her dying wish, how could she ignore that?

"I can not betray our families." she whispered, trying to pull back from his hold, "please, James."

"You will give me up for Damon?"

"I will give myself up for our family's happiness."

James smirked at her words, "So you don't love, Damon, right?"

Kara's eyes shot up to meet his, the look on them was filled with the emotion of being insulted but she quickly looked away, "You don't need to worry about that."

James's lips curved in a smirk at her words. His mouth descended down to kiss her cheek, "you don't even know how innocent you are."

Kara gulped as his lips moved over her skin sensually, seducing her with each word as they slid down to her neck, leaving deep, wet kisses, "I didn't have any intention of having sex with that bitch. I just saw you entering my office and then..."

Kara's eyes were closed but a small smile came on her lips at his explanation. His wet kisses continued their path down to her jaw and then sliding down to her heaving chest, "I can't control myself whenever you are around me. I just want to have you." he bit her breast over her clothes, instantly hearing a moan escape her lips.

"James... stop."

*******

Precap of Next Chapter:::

"Don't think too much, Kara, this office is soundproof. I can't share anything that belongs to me." James murmured as his fingers danced over the bud while his eyes stayed stuck on her face, like being captivated by a sight he could not move his eyes away from, "not even the sounds you make."

---

Please join my P a t r e o n channel and get advanced access to all the chapters. Just search for:

p a t r e o n . c o m / k t i s h 7