00: Prologue

Hate was something Zico could handle.

He’d been told a thousand times after the release of his single that he was a terrible person, who made terrible music, and it didn’t necessarily faze him.

What he couldn’t handle was his brothers fighting with one another at a constant. Joking was one thing, but when Jaehyo had Kyung in a choke hold over control of the remote, he tended to lose his temper.

“I know,” He said finally, standing from where he’d been sitting. All the boys looked at him, expectantly. “Let’s go out.” Zico figured the reason for the tension was the lack of away time they’d had recently. They were always working, always at a show, or always practicing. They needed to let loose. “Let’s go to the club.”

B-Bomb made a face. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

Zico nodded. “We can all legally drink, we all clearly need to leave this dorm for a bit, and at least this way we might get lucky,” He said jokingly, but the guys seemed to go for it. “Do you want to go now, or should we take some time to get changed?”

U-Kwon was already on his feet and on his way towards the bathroom. “I call the shower first.” He called, slamming the door before anyone could disagree with him.

Taeil looked around the room and sighed. “Which club did you have in mind?”

“Deviant.” Zico answered, and everyone in the room was on their feet.

The music in Deviant was blaringly loud, and the beat of the bass thrummed through Zico’s entire body. He was leaning with his back against the banister between the dance floor and the booths that were placed variously throughout the club. The others were already on the dance floor or flirting with some girl in another part of the club, but Zico was content just to watch for a few moments. He had no real desire to throw himself into the throng of convulsing, sweaty bodies.

“Zico,” A voice shouted, though it only sounded like a whisper. Zico turned to find B-Bomb and U-Kwon standing beside him. Both looked far less annoyed about their existence, and their proximity. In the dorm just before the club the two couldn’t even sit a foot next to each other. “Why don’t you go out there and dance?”

Zico shrugged. “I’m alright for now.” He turned and pointed towards the bar. “But I think I’ll go get another drink.”

Just as he said this, a girl appeared, standing on top of the bar. She was wearing all black. Her leather pants clung to her legs in a way that made Zico’s jaw clench. The tight leather corset was a waste, as Zico just wanted to rip it off her, and her tall heeled boots, which defined her legs perfectly, was what made Zico want to move towards her. She was different then the girls on the dance floor, and even though she was only dressed different than the way the others were, Zico was sure she was different.  Her honey blonde hair dropped just above her rear, and was beautifully, naturally wavy. He couldn’t see her face, since her back was turned to him, but he could see the tattoo on her lower back.