Chapter 4

Jennie opened the door for Roseanne and the girls entered a bare, white room with nothing but a desk, a chair, a computer, and a printer

"Is this the only computer they have?" Roseanne asked.

"No," Jennie laughed. "They have a whole computer lab in a room behind the front desk. This is just where Charles comes when he has to print out the guest's boarding passes or other flight info."

"Ah," Roseanne breathed, walking closer to the chair. She wasn't sure who Charles was, but she guessed he was an employee.

"Go ahead," Jennie motioned to the computer. "Check your email or whatever." Roseanne felt a little rude checking her email while the girl just sat there but Jennie insisted. It only took about a minute to check her email, though, since she had just checked two days before. Subconsciously, Roseanne typed Facebook into the url bar and logged in. She had a few new notifications, one of which was a comment on her profile picture. She clicked the link and her photo, a picture of Roseanne and her friend Seulgi hugging tightly, both clearly a little tipsy, at a party before Roseanne left for break. Seulgi was the one who commented. Roseanne giggled a little when she read it.

Ahh love you babe! Missing your ass come home asap

"Looks like you're having fun," Jennie laughed softly, her voice surprising Roseanne a little.

"Oh, yeah," Roseanne smiled. She smiled back.

"You look cute. You both do," Jennie quickly added, worried she said too much.

"Thanks." Roseanne felt her smile grow a little wider.

"Friend me," Jennie blurted out. Roseanne turned to look at the girl but Jennie quickly leaned over Roseanne, her arms falling over each of her shoulders, and she typed her name into the search bar. Roseanne's body froze. Jennie could have easily come around the front of Roseanne to type on the keyboard, avoiding any contact. But she didn't. And now Roseanne could feel the girl's breath falling down her neck.

Roseanne saw the brunette's profile picture, Jennie in a pool with Ella on her shoulders. Roseanne immediately noticed that Jennie had cropped the photo so that it cut off Jennie's body from her shoulders down. Tease, she thought.

"Jennie Kim," Roseanne read out loud, learning of the girl's last name for the first time.

"Roseanne Park," the shorter girl read back, making Roseanne smile a little.

There was a moment in the air then that both the girls felt. Neither of them was sure exactly what it was, but their gaze held a little longer than usual and the silence lasted a little longer than normal.

Roseanne gulped, swallowing any nerves that had just popped through her body. She turned back to the computer and logged off Facebook, standing up from the chair. "Your turn," she said to Jennie.