Ch. 5

(Previously...)
He leans on me. I rub his arm "I know sweetie...and you will don't worry..let's eat some diner hm? to get your mind off things..." "Okay..." We ate and fell asleep awaiting the next day hoping things will change.
—————————————
(Still Rouge's p.o.v)
It's been a few days since I found out about Eggman and sonic and things are complicated. "Rouge Eggman is attacking!" I heard from tails and shadow at the same time. "On my way!!"
(At the battlefield)
Sonic and shadow are still awkward with each other but still covered each other's backs throughout the battle. I stare at both of them while they talk with the others. "Um Rouge you ok?" I turn to see tails talking to me "Tails is it me or..." He cut me off "Shadow and Sonic acting awkward or weird with each other? You're not the only one who noticed." I sigh "of course nothing gets by you when it comes to sonic does it tails?" "Nope" "Should we get them together?" We both asked simultaneously and laughed. "But wait do you know about sonic's secret?" Tails asked me and I nodded "Shadow is the other one who knows he told me," I say "Ah I see I knew you would know from shadow." "Yea yea now let's get these two together shall we?" He nods and we head off.

(Sonic's p.o.v.)
I still feel weird being around shadow especially after what happened days ago. Father tried many times that things will be okay but I don't they will... I love shadow but if he hates me I have to deal with that.

(Flashback to a couple of days ago)

I walk inside closing the screen door behind me since I heard shadow teleport away to who knows where... I was about to walk to my room until orbot and cubot came up to me. "Master sonic your father is waiting for you in the dining room." orbot says to me. Cubot comes in "Yea and he looks like if you don't go right now he'll explode." I smile a bit and walk past them walking to the dining room with the two following behind. Once the dining room doors slid open I yelped, and jumped back as I look at my father. "Maurice something is bothering you what is it?" He asked with concern yet with his arms crossed..?

"Pa its shadow...he knows...about us.." I look down and hug myself. My dad sighs and pets my head like he did when something made me upset or uncomfortable which happens a lot...crazy right? "Son look I saw the way shadow looked at you earlier and I feel like he won't leave or hate you at all anytime soon but if he does I'll give him a stern talking to ok?" I look up at him and purr a bit since he's still petting me "ok I'll trust you dad" "good now let's eat" He smiles at me before walking in and me following after.

(Back to the present)
"Sonic!" I jump and look up at my father "sorry papa...I'm still thinking about shadow" as soon as I said that shadow teleports in. "Speak of the devil," Papa says and I chuckle a bit. "Sonic I need you to come with me...please..?" I look at the shadow then at his hand. I hesitate, look at dad nod, and takes his hand we're gone to who knows where.

(Moments before with shadow)

(Shadow's p.o.v.)
"Ask sonic on a date?!" I asked at the two morons in front of me. "Hey it won't be bad Sonic likes you too shadow who knows you two might just happen." The fox boy says to me. "Come on give it a shot shadow it won't go bad."
I stare at them then sigh "I have no choice do I?" "Not a chance," they said
"Ugh fine but it goes bad I'm blaming both of you." With that, I teleport to the lair.

(Back to the two hedgies)
(Shadows p.o.v.)
We show up to a cliff where a picnic spot was surrounded by beautiful scenery hours before a beautiful sunset to behold. "Where are we??" I look over to my "date" and walk over to the picnic. "Well since I found out about you and your father I decided to know you a bit better and you would know more about me along with food how does that sound?"

He looks at me then sits on the blanket "well it looks like a date you would take someone you like-like out." He stares into my eyes while I stare into his enchanting emerald eyes. "U-uh *ahem* that seems dear hero. I do have a couple of questions though if you don't mind me asking" He shakes his head "not at all"

(Sonics p.o.v.)
Ok, I'm totally freaking out. First, my crush shadow the hedgehog took me out to have a picnic. The picnic scenery was very very beautiful and romantic. Hey, I'm not complaining though. Second, he seems nervous, which never happens, but I'm curious what kind of questions he got for me.  Whatever questions he has for me I'm ready.

(Shadows p.o.v.)

"Ok first question," I start as he looks at me. "When or how long has Eggman been your father?" His ears perked at this and started to think, "Since I was 2 or 3 years old I believe I don't remember I might have to ask." I nodded and we sat crisscrossed. "Have you ever been experimented on?" He looked shocked " as in needle, blood, knives, etc.?" I nod and he shakes his head which took me in surprise. "Really? But he's an evil genius! He even tried to kill you one time!!" He chuckled "It was an act he's not really evil these are experiments on his machines to make myself stronger cuz you never know what might happen shads."  'Shads...I like that name' I think to myself as I blush inside. "True. Next, did you ever help on creating the small robots he's using to attack us?" "Yeah! Come to think of it all those designs were mine but I let him have them cuz they were just fantasies that father made into reality except trying to attack us of course." We chuckled. 

(3rd person p.o.v.)

The Q&A continued with laughter, shocked faces (from shadow of course), and the bonding with the two 'rivals'. Well, that was until shadow's last two questions. "Ok ok, *chuckle* second to the last question." "Hit me shads" "Do you have a crush on somebody?" Sonic froze and blushed madly to the point he was crimson red. "*stammers* u-uh *sighs* fine yes I do!!" He pouted and crossed his arms. "Ooooo ok, Who specifically are crushing on?" Shadow nudges sonic. "eh? eeehhhh?" Sonic laughs pushes him away and sighs. "Well, it's uh..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! *cue evil laugh* but stay tuned in the next couple of days or next week for an update!

Bye marshmallows!