Stars

"I will never rest"

"I will never rest"

*          *          *

   Spencer looked out the window of Hotch's office over at Bella as she sat in a chair, a blanket wrapped around her. Her face was pale, the only color being the dark bags underneath her eyes. She looked as if she was completely gone.

   "We have to help her, Hotch," Spencer said lowly. "She--she can't sleep."

   "She saw her...sister?" Hotch questioned.

   Spencer nodded, "I know how it sounds, trust me. She's not lying, Hotch. Bella is spectacular, the things she is able to see and do. We have to help her. We have to."

   "I know she's not lying, trust me, I've learnt my lesson," Hotch said. "What happened to her sister?"

   "It happened in 2002, it's been almost exactly 9 years. It was her sister, Virginia, but they called her Ginny. Apparently she fell and hit her head and died, but Bella has always told me it never sat right with her."

   Hotch raised his eyebrow, "Are you saying that Bella believes she was murdered?"

   Spencer nodded, "That's exactly what she thinks happened."

   Standing up from his desk, Hotch crossed his arms and looked outside the window of his office. He looked at Bella and her drained face, his heart starting to ache. He hated seeing any of his team members in a state of depression. He hated whenever they were going through something tough. 

   "It's going to be tricky," Hotch started. "This is a closed case, an accidental death. It's going to be hard to march in there and start accusing people of murder."

   "Hotch, we have to look," Spencer said as Hotch turned around and looked at him. "Please. She--she needs this closure. Her sister came to her for a reason."

   Hotch frowned before turning back around, looking out the window once more. He closed his eyes and shook his head before making his way over to his desk and picking up his phone.

   "Call the rest of the team," he said. "Wheels up in 60." 

*          *          *

   It always felt strange to be back in Alex Bay, especially when there was a case. Bella never visited home much, unless she was visiting Gianna and Hyacinth. Alex Bay used to be the cute town she grew up in, filling her with pleasant memories. Now it was the town she was kidnapped in and Doug had murdered Kit in. The sunny sky was now dark. 

   The team sat at a large table inside the police station, all tired from being woken up. No one complained about being called out once learning it involved Bella's sister. They wanted to solve this as much as Bella wanted to.

   The entire plane ride over involved Bella recounting Ginny's death. She recalled how she saw her body and had noticed a large dent in her head. She recalled having bad feelings the entire time, as if something was terribly off. She couldn't understand why she felt this way, but she learned to accept her death and move on.