~27~

(A/N) Hi guys!

Just a heads up that this chapter starts at a time before the magazine interview from the last chapter!

Alright, enjoy!

----------

Rosie opens the car door and is greeted with Mark speaking on the phone with an unknown person. She waves to him as a quiet greeting and buckles her seatbelt without any noise interruptions.

"She's doing amazing, don't worry. She's been contacting me whenever she felt troubled." Mark says, looking towards the younger with a smile. Rosie returns the smile with a confused look before shrugging it off.

Who is he talking about?

"Yeah I'm driving her to her first magazine shoot! Can you believe it!?" Rosie's ears perk up, recognizing the voice coming from the phone (while using Mark's words as a given hint.)

"E-eomma!?" Rosie exclaims, every ounce of confusion evident in her tone. "Why are you casually calling my mom?"

"Y-you want to talk to her?" Mark asks, completely ignoring Rosie's confused state. "She wants to talk to you." He hands her the phone, trying to hide every hint of nervousness in his system. Rosie takes the phone and looks at the caller ID.

Ms.Park🥰

Rosie looks back up to see the back of Mark's head, which is his attempt at covering his blush. She pushes his shoulder playfully and smirks at him when he turns to face her. He mouths a 'stop it!' before she lifts the phone up to her ear.

"Hi eomma! Sorry I didn't text you before, been really busy." Rosie leans back on the passenger seat as soon as Mark starts the drive to the studio where the photoshoot would take place.

"It's okay, baby. I'm so proud of you! Everyday, I talk to the customers about you! I've been playing both your songs in the café everyday!" Rosie giggles at her mom's giddiness. "I would be squealing 'that's my daughter! #1 Billboard singer!'"

"Eomma! That's so embarrassing!" Rosie says between giggles, that eventually escalated to loud laughter. Her stomach feels funny, she can't imagine her song being played in public like that. Hearing about it over the phone is already driving her crazy, what would it be like if she was actually at the place where her song was being played?

"Gotta get that promo, right?" Her mom is now laughing alongside her daughter.

"I miss you so much." Rosie's laughter dies down to a sad tone. Sometimes, she's so blinded by her own happiness that reality doesn't seem real to her. She often forgets how far she is from her only family.

"I miss you too, honey." Her mom replies in a calm manner. "I'm praying for you everyday. For your safety and success. Stay healthy and safe alright?" Rosie hums in response and returns the phone back to Mark, who remained silent throughout the conversation.

"I'll keep you updated if anything happens." Mark says over the phone. Rosie looks out the window to take in the beautiful sights that she never appreciates on a day to day basis. She's been so distracted with work, that she never stops to look at what's around her.

"I-I can't say it"

Rosie was too busy with the sights that she never noticed how low Mark was talking.

"Please, not now."

Now she was all ears. She felt the nervous sweating coming from the elder, who continuously kept eying Rosie to make sure she wasn't paying attention. (which she was.)

"ielfeof" Mark quickly stuttered. Loud muffles were heard from the phone, causing Mark to let out a shaken sigh.

"F-fine." He breathes in and out, still keeping the tone low. "I-I love you."

"I LOVE YOU!?!?" Rosie shouts out of no where. He instantly shuts the phone and throws it towards the cup holder.

"You didn't hear anything." Mark clears his throat and keeps his gaze on the road in front of him.

"Maaaark!!!" Rosie whines out loud. "Since when!?"

"N-not sure! I tried to keep my crush on her lowkey but I was being too obvious and your mom is good at catching hints. And now she won't stop teasing me." Mark was now a red, hot mess.

"Aw! Yeah, if you want to talk with mom, that's what you're dealing with." Rosie smiles, her heart feels full knowing that her mom has been keeping herself busy with relationships, even while overseas.

"I really didn't want her to know though. Because even if she felt the same way, she still lives miles away, and I don't want to give her false hope. She doesn't deserve such a thing." Mark pouts at the thought of being away from such a lady.

"What do you mean false hope? You don't trust your feelings for her?" Rosie asks. He shakes his head.

"I do have feelings for her, but it's at the crush phase. We've never met in person, just on the phone. Maybe a couple of video calls too. But, knowing how busy we both are, I don't know how easy it would be to live in the same place. A common ground, you know?" Rosie nods in understandment. "If I were to take my feelings seriously, that's the first thing I need to figure out. Which I'm not even sure if it's possible."

"And you didn't want her to know so that it doesn't feel like you're leading her on?" Mark nods, sighing with relief that Rosie was taking in the situation well.

"Besides, I don't even know if she likes me." Mark says in a disappointed tone, making Rosie laugh at his obliviousness.

"Trust me. My mom never spoke with a male after my dad. The fact that she's talking to you is shocking. She definitely has feelings for you."

"Y-you think?" Mark stutters out.

Why is this grown man so cute.

"Hell yeah. Don't give up on her, please. She needs someone, especially right now." Rosie says, reminiscing at her past life where she witnessed her mom living as a single lady. It's depressing.

"Do I have your permission?" Mark asks genuinely.

"I'll give my approval once you actually take action, starting off with visiting mom first." Rosie says strictly. Yes, she wants her mom to have a guy in her life. But Rosie needs to be the first barrier they get through.

"Yes, ma'am." Mark ruffles Rosie's hair, creating a comfortable silence between them.

The view outside somehow looks much more saturated and colorful.