My mind finally wandered back to the question he asked me. "How about you and your family?" Yikes. I've never told anyone in my life about my family situation. Not even Abby, my closest friend. Abby, the one who was by my side for the longest time. Abby, the one who gave me support when no one was there. Abby, the one who got me to where I am right now, standing in front of this guy. Abby.

And yet despite all of this, something in the back of my mind told me to tell him. To confess. To open up. Tell him everything without holding myself back. Softly speaking, I finally responded. "My dad left me and my mom when I was just three years old.."

I didn't say much but he could already tell that I was kind of uncomfortable and that I was holding back the tears and all of my feelings. He didn't press any further. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him clear his throat, looking at me with comfort. "Do you uhm. Want to go back to my room.?"

I simply nodded and he put his hand on my lower back, taking me down the halls and to a door that I could only assume took us into his room. He took his hand off me, opening the door for me. I stepped into the pitch black room, noticing that the only reason why I could slightly see anything in the room was due to the light that flooded in through his window. Even then, I was struggling to even make out anything besides what was right next to said window.

I walked over to the window and he flipped the switch, a bright light suddenly flooding the previously dim room. My eyes gazed into the full moon that was surrounded by gorgeous white twinkles. Stare shifting, I noticed the view that was underneath the bright moon. Eyes widening, an audible gasp left my throat.

New York. The Empire State. The Big Apple. Whatever you want to call it, it was absolutely wonderful. Me and my mom moved here a few months after my dad had left us. She didn't want him to find or trace where we were. At all. I still think that this was the right decision. If not the only decision. It's what was best for us at least.

Two hours later

My head was down, resting on my arms. I was home, sitting at my kitchen table. A rattle was at the door. Soon as my ears picked that up, my eyes darted straight at the door.

It was Abby. Four o'clock in the damn morning and she was finally back from her 'lover'. Her eyes were dull and she looked exhausted, walking into the kitchen and spotting me. "So how was your night? Clearly you didn't have any sleep." She asked with a soft chuckle, dropping down into the seat before me.

She eyed the cup of coffee that was in my hands. Before I could even respond to her with anything, she leaned over the table and took my coffee, drinking it right away. Her face scrunched a bit at the bitterness but she continued to gulp it down either way. Oh well, not like I was drinking it.

That last line was sarcasm by the way.

I know it's just coffee but damn. It took me a whole thirty minutes to make that cup without my mind racing over what had happened over the span of the past 24 hours. I kept my mouth shut and looked up at her as she stood up and walked away with my cup of coffee like nothing happened.

"So are we not gonna talk about what happened between you and your one night stand at the club tonight?"

Normally I'm not interested in her love life, not even her one night stands. But it's just odd considering she usually rambles about how amazing it is, making tonight a first.

"I slept." Short, quick response. What the hell is up with her? Or what happened with that dude? In fact, this is her first time having a one night stand with some total rando.

Yeah sure she's the life of the party and the one to have fun and dance, but not have sex with someone she totally doesn't know. Despite being friends for so long, all I know is that her mom left her dad who is, mind you, battling cancer. How shitty. And she left him for a richer man.

"Okay... I guess we'll talk later.." I said, walking back to my room while she walked into hers. Better to give her time to get over whatever she's going through. She'll feel better tomorrow.

Entering my room, I felt a buzz from my phone. Lifting my hand up, I looked down at the screen. What. A notification from some unknown number. I don't recall handing anyone my phone number?

[Unknown Number]

- Had a good night with you by my side.

srry but who is this?? -

- So you're going to pretend you don't know me, princess?

Then it suddenly hit me.

But how did he get my number?

[A/N]

What do you think about this chapter so far?

What's your fave part?

Love y'all