It feels amazing to feel like I have a family again. I mean, I obviously have Evelyn and her family, but it's nice to have more people to love and love you back. It's such an indescribable feeling.

Everything just seem so perfect. Like everything is falling into place. If only...

I shook my head.

No! I won't think about that right now. Massimo cares about me and that's enough for now. He'll grow to love me eventually. I just have to be patient.

I'm sitting here now looking at Massimo, while he's sleeping, and my heart is filled with so much joy and happiness. Even though the thought of not having Massimo return my feelings is bugging me, I still feel content and hopeful. I know that things are only going to get better after this.

With that last thought, I leaned closer, and kissed Massimo on his forehead.

***

One week later, I arrived at Massimo's private room, to find him, trying to get up.

"EJ! What do you think you're doing?" I scolded him.

Marco chuckled. "EJ?"

I looked at him. "You shouldn't be allowing him to get out of bed," I scowled.

"Hey, you know the man. No one can stop his stubborn ass. I'd hurt him more if I restrain him. But seriously, why do call him EJ? I've been meaning to ask. You've called him that a few times."

I walked over Massimo, "you really should be resting." I said. Then turned to Marco. "It's one of my nicknames for him," I said, smirking.

"Cara..." Massimo grunted.

"What? you don't want anyone to know?" I asked in a teasing voice.

"It's not like I can stop you from announcing it," he grumbled.

"That's true," I grinned. "Here let me help you," I said. I turned back to Marco to explain. "Oh it means..." I started to say, but Massimo grabbed my face and silenced me with his kiss.

I heard Marco grumbled something unintelligible. Then a few seconds later, I heard the door closed.

I giggled, and Massimo pulled back. "What?" He asked.

"You know what! You did that to get rid of him so I won't tell him what it means," I accused and pouted.

"Well, it worked didn't it?" He smirked.

"I could always tell him, when you're not around," I teased.

"Oh, I don't doubt it baby," he said, as he was walking towards the door, and I followed him.

"Seriously Massimo, take it easy will you. Just go back to bed," I said.

"Seriously baby, I'm okay stop fussing," Massimo said.

"I know, it's just that I don't want you doing too much. I don't want you over exerting yourself. You're still recovering Massimo," I said.

"Arabella, babe, seriously. The doctor said that walking is good," he said to me. I know he's right and I'm just being overprotective, but I can't help it.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Massimo stopped walking and tilted my chin up. He kissed me softly. "I know you're just worried babe, but seriously. I'll tell you if something's bothering me or if I'm tired," he said.

"Okay," I finally said, feeling a little better.

"I really can't wait to go home," he grumbled.

I smiled and chuckled softly," soon honey," I said.

"I miss our home and Lia," he said. I melt when he said our home.

This is really happening.

I'm really engaged to Massimo.

"Hey, where did you go?"

"Oh, sorry," I said sheepishly. "I just can't believe this is happening," I said.

"Oh it's happening cara, you better believe it," he said arrogantly.

"EJ, you're never far away," I said jokingly, while shaking my head, eliciting a laugh from Massimo. Thank god his ribs are not bothering him as much anymore. He's been here a little over a week, and the doctor's said we might be able to go home in a couple of days or so.

"He's always close cara," he said.

I smiled at him. Massimo might be an EJ; and an AP; and obnoxious; and controlling; and inconsiderate, but I love him. And as crazy as it sounds, it's why I love him. He's all of those things and more, and I wouldn't have him any other way.