అధ్యాయం 38

Start from the beginning

She frowned and scoffed "You have no way out, remember?"

"You're absolutely right, Natalya. Even though I didn't sign it. But luckily for me, I legally can't marry you" I spoke, quickly glancing at Maya to make sure she was still sleeping.

"What do you mean?" Natalya narrowed her eyes, taking a step back. I sarcastically grinned "You know what I mean" 

Her face filled with rage at the immediate realization. I could've sworn she was about to explode. I was hoping for it.

"Mark my words, Lorenzo. You are going to regret treating me like this" She walked away, clicking her heels loudly on the pavement.

Did she threaten me? Me? Oh, sweetheart, I'm going to kill you in the first chance I get. Her words infuriated me but they also intrigued me, not in a good way.

I drifted my gaze to the passenger seat. She wasn't snoring, so I knew she wasn't sleeping anymore.

I focused my eyes on her relaxed expressions. Her lips stretch on my involuntary smile "I can feel you staring at me" she spoke, her eyes still shut.

"Hmm"

She softly opened her eyes, yawning "Oh, we're here"

I caressed her cheek before stepping out of the car and opening the door for her.  "What a gentleman" she teased, taking my hand. I grinned, kissing her forehead. She stared at up me, confused "What was that for?"

"I just felt like it" I responded, kissing her again. Maya narrowed her eyes "Dude, are you like in love with me or something?" She asks in a shocked tone.

I followed her game "Pst, me? In love? With you? " I rolled my eyes, locking the car. She stifled a laugh and licked her lips "You didn't deny it"

I ran my fingers through my hair before turning my back on her and walking towards the entrance. I heard her running behind until she caught up with my pace.

"You walk too fast" She fooled, taking my arm and throwing it around her shoulders. Maya interlinked her fingers within mine. I beamed down at her petite frame, raising my brow "What was that for?"

She kissed my hand "I just felt like it"

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"It's so quiet in here, I think I want to scream" I joked, taking a look around the big ass house. Lorenzo chuckled "It's always like this, especially when my mother isn't here" he responded.

"Where is she?" Maya, why are you so nosy?

"Visiting Leo, he was sick" He conversed. I knew it wasn't the time but his voice was making me feel butterflies in my pu- Stop it. "Damn, I wanted to see her and Lu" I better not be blushing.

Lorenzo faced me "Lu is here, but the question is where" his narrowed, worry washing over his utterance. "Welcome," A maid came out of an office.

"Hi" I greeted and she smiled. "Where's Lucia and Leone?" Lorenzo asked, his voice was rough and serious. Nothing like the guy I talk to every day before going to sleep.

The woman straightened her posture "Lucia it's in her room. The last time I saw Mr. De Luca he was chatting with Ms. Duarte" She responds. Lorenzo tensed, he took my hand and began walking towards the stair "Alright, thanks"