Chapter 82

Pov: Ra Minji

"Good job!" Scarlett boasted, jumping back at my swipe. I didn't stop and ran to her again, jabbing at her sides until I gave her a calf kick.

She shifted her weight to her other foot and slid away from me, the smile growing on her face. As I panted, she ran towards me, landing a kick in my stomach and forcing me back. Just as I recovered, she punched me twice and I blocked, making her giggle.

She stopped the fight and messed up my hair, the sweat sliding down her shoulders and exposed stomach. "There you go. You're not hanging on to just dodging anymore," she said, stretching her arms.

"I'm still nowhere near you. I was.. giving my all while you were.. smiling," I panted, hogging all the oxygen in the room.

"Don't compare yourself to anyone. You're much better than you were a month ago," she said, referring to the day she had given me papers to study from; the same day I'd lived through the biggest humiliation of my life.

"Thank you.." I murmured, inhaling the water and water bottle into my system.

Ahhh!

I'm dying.

My heartbeat!

"Now that you've proven yourself, it's time you go back to being Minho's main bodyguard. Not only is Minhyuk too lazy, but Minho keeps asking about your absence," Scarlett suggested. My heart stopped beating just by thinking of the possibility.

I told Minho that I was injured during Isabelle's attack two weeks ago and used it as an excuse for most of my running away. It had actually hurt me a lot, but not physically. I found it hard to accept that the teammate I had hung out with most was acting this whole time. How did Hyunjin feel? I could only imagine.

I'm so glad I only told her about my crush. If she had known about my illness..

"I don't think I'm ready for it.." I mumbled, taking out towels for us.

"You're more than ready," Scarlett said, drawing a huge grin on my face. Getting acknowledged by her was just.. different. I knew better than anyone else that she didn't give out empty praise. Also, she had been my idol before I'd met her, and I looked up to her. She was only a year older than me and our skills were on contrasting levels.

"You think so?" I asked, sitting down and trying to control my breathing.

"Yup. Go to Minho's side now. Tell Minhyuk he can go back to guarding the front door. He doesn't want too much responsibility anyway," Scarlett said, throwing the towel behind her shoulder and walking out the door.

It's been a month since my drunken mess.. I think I'm calm enough to face him again.

I dried my sweat and waited until my heartbeat normalized. Though I didn't look the best with my sportswear and messy tied up hair, I didn't want to let Scarlett down, so I trudged to the idols' dorms.