Rough start

As the sun rose and shined through the windows of the dorm, Chuuya stretched and turned on his lamp. The darkness of the room evaporated, waking the ginger up fully. Thankfully, on today's cloudy morning, the boxes that had been stuffing the relatively small shared space were unpacked, but... scattered in a mess along the floor. Packing peanuts were everywhere, plastic sprawled out and clothes left over the floor. Chuuya's lips twisted into a snarl as he looked around. His biggest worry would be the kitchen space. Taking deep breaths, like his management classes had been teaching him, he calms the need to stomp and act like a grounded child. His hands did roughly pull open the drawers. As expected, his roommate couldn't even take into consideration the carefully organized labels for every drawer. "Are you fucking kidding me right now!"

With a few more deep breaths, he stormed off to his roommate's room. Just as he figured, Dazai wasn't in his room. Clicking his tongue, Chuuya removed all of the plates, cups, silverware, bowels, etc. from the drawers and cabinets. He placed them into a box and jotted a note on a sticky note. "Learn to organize slob! I labeled shit to you blind idiot." Next, he gathered the mess that was in the living room and shoved it all into his roommate's room. Shocker, it was also a mess.

By the time he was done with that noon had just about passed. Chuuya sat at the table, going over the schedule that started in two weeks. A glass of water flavored with a little raspberry essence at his left, neatly seated on a coaster to avoid marking the table. Setting the schedule aside, he went back to his hobby, sketching clothing designs. It was another hour before Dazai came back looking exhausted. He did look rather shocked when he noticed how clean the dorm looked. Chuuya gave a confident side glance before leaning back. "I am not your maid, I didn't clean your shit up, simply relocated it to a place where I don't have to see that abomination of a cluster."

Despite being exhausted from working at an orphanage where he volunteered (another activity Oda had somehow forced him into doing), Dazai's lips lifted into a smirk. "But you could be~" Chuuya snarled, grabbing a pencil and tossing it at him. Dazai easily dodged it before heading back to see how bad his room looked. Groaning, he shoved things from his bed and flopped onto it.

Now, most people would call Dazai lazy for leaving such a mess. That was far from it, he just couldn't find any reason to do things like clean. Why did it matter anyway, it's not like he had to clean it up. If it bothered his roommate so much, he'd take care of it. Dazai didn't care about appearances or reputations. He hadn't even planned to make it to 18, let alone somehow agreeing to the deal he and Oda made.

~About a year ago~

Dazai sat curled up on the bed, glaring at his cousin. His bandages half unrolled as the redhead paced back and forth, his hand running through his hair in frustration. "Dazai..." Oda started speaking, but words could hardly piece themselves together. It took him several more paces to finally stop and look at Dazai. "Look, I'm not mad just-" before he could finish, the young brunette snapped his head to look at him.

Dazai's eyes were cold, void of emotion, yet displaying anger with the shadow that loomed over them. "Disappointed? You don't have to hide it! Dad knows it, you know, everybody knows I'm a gifted failure. So just fucking say it!"

Oda shook his head sitting at the base of the bed. His hands clasped together, placing themselves in his lap. "Dazai, that wasn't what I was going to say." His words were spoken softly. "I was going to say I wasn't mad, just confused. You sent a kid to the hospital, got suspended, and they threatened not to let you graduate. I know you can be violent when you're upset, but I understand why you're like that. I just don't understand why you felt the need to wound somebody this badly using rocks and your fists. I'm not even sure how you did it in the first place." His eyes looked to the younger boy's arms with a gulp. "Then, I found out you went back to... that. Why didn't you tell me Osamu? I've been looking after you for 4 years now. You know I don't judge you. I helped you after you ran from your dad, after your... first breakdown." Oda spoke with sympathy and pain as he watched his younger cousin.