T W E N T Y - T W O

Excuse any mistakes !

| AMINA BROWN |

After finally finishing my last clients hair, exhaustedly I picked up a sleeping Jaydin and her IPad.

"Thank you for agreeing to this job, Amina. Just remember we're always here. Tell us what happens with Amir okay?" Amour looked at me, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, let us know how it goes. We love you!" Niya added.

"I love y'all too." My voice slightly cracked, as I made my way out with Jaydin.

The way they were talking made me want to cry.

It was going on 9 PM, and I was totally drained. I hadn't texted Keon back and he was blowing my phone up, and as for Amir he hasn't hit me up since he left the shop earlier.

I started the car up after putting Jaydin into her car seat heading home. I received another FaceTime call from Keon, this time deciding to answer.

"Hello." I said.

"What the fuck, Amina?!"

"If all you're going to do is yell, I can hang up." I sighed, pulling into my home driveway.

"Man what's up with you..why are you ignoring me? What did i do?" He asked.

I felt a piece of my heart break at the sound of his words.

"You didn't do anything, Keon. I'm sorry I'm just—" I paused to contain myself from crying, "tired."

"I'm on my way." He replied, before hanging up.

I sighed getting Jaydin and my things, as well as locking and closing my car door.

Once I made it inside, I laid her down in her bed pulling the covers over her before going downstairs to make some coffee.

I sat at the bar stool drinking my coffee and staring into space.

I wish I had a baby father who would cooperate and just do what he needs to do. Amir is just— the complete opposite.

I was halfway through my thoughts, when the doorbell rang. I hissed hoping that it didn't wake Jaydin, hurrying to answer the door.

Opening it, Keon walked in and I closed it behind him. He grabbed me by my waist pulling me into a long kiss.

When did we get here??

"Why you staring at me like that?" He chuckled, once he pulled away.

"Because you— I don't know." I giggled, before walking to the couch and taking a seat.

He sat next to me and I laid my head on his lap.

"You gonna tell me what's wrong?"

"You're not mad about me quitting?" I asked him.

"We'll talk about that later, but for now what's up with you?"

I stared at him for a little longer before answering, "Amir's trying to file full custody for Jaydin."

"Why he gotta be a bitter ass baby daddy? What the fuck?" Keon sucked his teeth making me a laugh a little. He definitely wasn't wrong.

"You know you got this. He's a scammer no real job, he lives in a house sure but the area is horrible, and plus you got everything Jaydin needs. He a dummy for even thinking about it." Keon stated.

I had finally come to my realizations. He was completely right.

There was no possible way Amir could win this case.

So if he wanted smoke, I'd give it to him.

"Keon.. thank you. For being here for me even though it's supposed to be the other way around." I looked up at him.

He smiled at me, "Anything for you mama."

I smiled at the nickname he gave me, wrapping my arms around his waist. We weren't together but this felt nice.

"You want to watch a movie?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He replied, grabbing the remote.

And we stayed in the living room, cuddling and watching movies for the rest of the night.

—————

Sorry for the late update y'all ! I dead forgot lmao I'm so sorry. Can y'all send me some good books to read though? I'm kind of out.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Love you guys x