Davina came to catch Rebekah as she careened forward, unconscious. "What did you do?" the girl asked worriedly.

"Shut Eva away, deep in her own subconscious," said Esmeray. "She can't regain control. What we need to do now is unlink her from those kids. Then, we can tell the witches where to find them." She gestured for Davina to help her pick the body up so they could lay her down on one of the empty tables.

"Do we need a big ball of twine to do the unlinking?" asked Davina, clearly recalling when she'd unlinked Hayley from Sophie Deveraux.

"Nah," said Esmeray, grinning to herself in a slight moment of pride. She flexed her own fingers before laughing to herself. "Holy shit, that was a rush. I did that way faster than I normally could." She put both hands over Rebekah's forehead. "Fjerne lanken offren, ta bort koble tilknytning."

Rebekah shot up with a gasp, looking a bit panicked, but otherwise fine. "What the bloody hell was that?!" she said, rubbing her arms as if she was feeling bugs crawling over her.

"I just unlinked the body from the kids Eva kidnapped," Esmeray told her. "Probably felt like a creepy crawling sensation because their power was leaving you." She pulled out her phone. "I'll have Gia tell Josephine where to find the kids. You're good to go and see your sister."

She was surprised to be pulled into a hug by Rebekah. All the same, she hugged back, and watched her leave the tomb.

"So," Esmeray said once she tucked her phone away. "How have you been, Davina?"

The young witch looked to her feet. "Busy, mostly. I've been trying to work on a Resurrection Spell for Kol."

"Be careful with those," Esmeray warned. "He may be in the Ancestral well, but those things take a lot of power. I don't even know if I'd be able to do one of those in one go. Possibly, but it's dark magic, and my body is more resistant than yours. I don't know any Resurrection Spells of my own— that wasn't something we did in my Pack. But I can help you cast the spell once you have it ready, and give input where it's needed. I'm sure, if things go well with Freya, she'll be willing to help. He is her brother, after all, and she'll want to meet him."

Davina offered her a smile. "I'd appreciate that. If you and Freya help me, Kol will be able to come back." She then cocked her head in a curious manner. "How have you been? I've heard... interesting things around the Quarter. Mostly gossip."

"Yeah, I'm guessing everyone is wanting to talk about my powers and what I will or won't do with them."

"Not just that— I heard you're apparently trying to have a baby with Klaus."

"Oh." She turned red. "Yeah, I am. It... hasn't worked."

Davina looked sad. "I'm sorry to hear that. I could try to help out with a spell, if you need it. I don't know if doing a spell on yourself will help."

"I'll let you know if I do try that," Esmeray said, giving her a grateful look.

But there was no reason to try that, at least, not in the near future.

"You want me to bind you again?" she asked Klaus quietly in the evening, once Freya had left. "But... why?"

His hand was shaking as he ran it through his hair. "The things Freya told us about Dahlia. It is too great a risk."

"I was under the impression you still didn't trust her, what with murdering her to test out her immortality claim."

"I do not trust her because she and I are too similar, and I see aspects of myself there that make the paranoia... worse. But she showed me her memories, love, and it... it is horrific. Dahlia performed a Connective Spell on her, similar to what Esther did to you. Except, with Freya, she needn't be in a comatose state while being channeled. She could walk around perfectly fine, and Dahlia would take her power while Freya still had sufficient strength to do what she needed to do. The bit about sleeping for a hundred years was merely to preserve their youth, nothing more. Esther had to keep you asleep and hardly conscious to draw your magic, and she left you incredibly weak afterward."