Chapter 29

Billy POV

Bang. Crash

"Mommy!"

Screams echoed up the stairs from the basement. Mommy's screams.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch."

I continued to pound on the basement door, yelling for daddy to stop. He was hurting her.

Bang

Another loud bang rang out, making my ears start to ring. Mommy's screams were no more. It was silent downstairs.

"Mommy." I pounded on the door once more.

I heard the creaking of the steps and stepped back. The door opened revealing daddy's now bloody clothes and the gun in his right hand. He paid no attention to me as I slipped past him and ran down the stairs.

Mommy was lying with her arms and legs in strange angles. Her blond hair was fanned out around her and getting wet from the puddle of blood that was underneath her. Daddy had shot her twice, once in her stomach and the other in her chest.

I raced forward and fell down next to her and shook her. "Mommy wake up. Please wake up."

Her eyes were still opened, but she didn't do anything. Tears started spilling over the edges of my eyes and dripped down onto her.

"Mommy, please."

I draped myself on top of her, wanting to feel her warm strong arms wrap around me and tell me every things going to be ok, but instead all I got was the feel of her cold skin.

I don't know how long I stayed there for, I just laid on top of her with my knees drenched from her blood and begging she would wake up.

"Billy get up." I turned around to see daddy carrying a huge black plastic bag. "Go upstairs."

"NO!"

Daddy stared at me for a second before dropping the plastic bag next to mommy and picking me up. I continued to scream as he carried me upstairs and into my bedroom. The room was completely changed.

I used to have pictures and toys everywhere, but now the only things left were my dresser and my bed. There was also this weird looking bracelet thing on my bed.

Daddy threw me down onto the bed and used the bracelet to attach me to the bed. I screamed like crazy and called daddy all the bad things that he would yell at me. He looked at me the whole time, getting redder and redder, until he finally snapped.

He got on top of me and used his legs to hold my wiggling body and brought his fists down over and over. Pain exploded from my face and I could feel blood gushing from my nose. Tears continued to fall down my face just as quickly as daddy's fists came down onto my hurting face.

I didn't think the pain could get any worse, that was until he brought the knife down.

* * *

"Hey, it's going to be ok." The girl Emma said.

I realized I was crying again, so I quickly wiped the tears away. I hadn't felt this scared since the night mom died. I still have no idea how long ago that was. All I remember was the feeling of sadness and loss. Dad had messed up my face and then left me there to bleed onto my sheets, I assume he went to go deal with mom after.

Now I was running away from my home with a stranger. They had also killed my dad, I didn't know how to feel. He was still my dad, even if he showed his love in other ways.

I suddenly stopped and turned away into the direction of the house. I could hear that dad's friends all made it out of the house.

"We have to keep running. C'mon." Emma tugged on my sore wrist.

"Ow."

She loosened her grip. "Sorry."

We turned into the direction away from all the noise and ran.