Chapter 3

The mother continued to scream, and I had hoped she would stop, I really didn't want to see that whole thing again. Black ski mask was starting to get pissed off with the mother.

"Shut the fuck up." Black ski mask had pressed the barrel of the gun against the mothers head. "I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I wasn't quite sure how he was expecting her to be quiet. Her daughter's head was literally blown up, right beside her, and she was now kneeling in her own daughter's blood. They didn't even bother to remove the girl's body, they just left her there. Surprisingly, the mother was able to stop her screaming, which pleased Black ski mask.

"Alrighty then," Black ski mask took the gun away from her head, and started his pacing once again. "Now who should we start with." He stopped his pacing and instead turned to his friends. "How about we take turns and you guys can choose who you would like. Who would like to start?"

A tall man wearing a rabbit mask stepped forward while raising his hand, in his other hand was a small axe.

"Alright, perfect. Who would you like?" Black ski mask had stepped out of the way and gestured to all of us.

This was the first time I actually got a good look at everyone in the room. The room was actually really huge, there were eleven people in masks, and I counted fifteen hostages. Well, now fourteen.

Rabbit mask didn't even hesitate, he walked straight over to the mother who was still crying a little too loud. Clown mask took the knife away from the woman's throat, as Rabbit mask bent down and grabbed her by her hair.

"NO, NO," the mother continued to shriek, as Rabbit mask dragged her over to one of the chairs.

Before he let go he slapped her hard. "Shut up."

The mother sat there whimpering. I still couldn't believe this was all happening, the whole time I had wished it was all a dream. I still continued to pinch myself, hoping that I would wake up from this nightmare.

As the people in the masks got the stupid game ready, I looked over to my right, and at Kyle. He looked at me just as I had, and I could tell his expression must have mirrored mine. We were both terrified.

"We have to get out of here." He whispered to me.

I nodded my head and looked back over towards Rabbit mask, they were almost done setting up.

"Have you ever played?"

I looked at Kyle and shook my head. His question made me feel ten times worse. I had actually never played before, I've only ever watched Emma's brother, Josh, play. Kyle's face completely drained of color, just as mine had.

"Ok, we're starting off with playing Forza Horizon. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a racing game." Black ski mask looked down at the mother, as he said the next part. "You're both gonna race, and the first person to reach the finish line wins. Ok?" Black ski mask picked up the Xbox controller and placed it into the mothers shaking hands.

Rabbit mask sat in the other chair and picked up the Playstation controller. I looked at the two TV screens that were both counting down from five.

Five, four, three, two, one... go.

Before the screen even said go, I could tell the mother was gonna lose, she was still crying hysterically. She was also holding the controller the wrong way, I only knew which was the right way, because of all the times I watched Josh play.

Rabbit mask took off, while the mother pushed random buttons. As she pressed the buttons, she started crying harder, she knew she wasn't gonna win, she knew she was gonna have the same fate as her daughter.

A minute later, Rabbit mask won by a lot. The mother was now screaming as she had when her daughter was killed.

Black ski mask came up to her with a dirty cloth and shoved it into her mouth, muffling her screams. "You lost, pretty lady."