"Hey, there are dark clouds downtown!" Bella explained, pointing from the front window and dragging Jason out the door.

The two ran side by side, seeing the dark clouds of smoke in the main plaza. He looked around and saw some people looking at each other or panicking about what they could do.

"Where are we going to get a hose? Wait, there's a fire station!" Jason inputted.

"That takes too long; you have to go in. I think the fuel pipes are burning. Make sure to cover your mouth, or carbon monoxide poisoning will happen!" Bella yelled.

They reached the apartment complex with beige siding, where the fire was mainly on the left side of the building. It was located right beside the town's small pharmacy and laundromat. People were standing around watching the sight, with one girl running down the back staircase to the ground.

"Is anyone else inside?" Jason questioned the girl.

"I think there's a child on the third floor!" she explained, tears in her eyes, rushing off.

Jason climbed the back metal staircase, where the smoke got darker as he got higher. He glanced back and spotted Bella still looking around at the others who watched the sight, trying to figure out what to do.

"Bella, find Mark!" he screamed.

The fire was blazing as he reached the door up top. It was unlocked as he kicked the red door and found another door on the left that was still shut, followed by bloody screams.

Jason kicked the apartment room door open, covering his mouth with his long blue sleeve. The apartment glowed in flames as he searched it. There was nothing on in the kitchen or anything lit that could have caused it.

His vision was blurring as he staggered to the last bedroom in the two-bedroom apartment, where a toddler had a body entirely engulfed in flames inside a crib. The difference was that the fire wasn't exactly burning him at all.

Jason extended his hand, and something blue blasted out of his hands in an instant. It hit the yellow wall, causing a large hole. He grabbed the child from the crib and rushed out. He made his way slowly out of the apartment, the fire still raging and his lungs filling with smoke. He coughed, rushed out, and stumbled down the steps with the boy held against his side.

Jason could barely make out the faces, but blurs of people gathered around him. He felt something wet hit him as he collapsed down the last step and onto the parking lot.

"The child died in the fire." Jason mumbled.

Bella and Cindy Yung rushed toward him, both carrying something he couldn't exactly see. There was someone whose face he could barely make out, spraying the building with a fire hose.

He felt himself being dragged by Bella and Cindy onto the grass in the park. Someone placed a cold cloth on his forehead and sprayed something cold up his nose. It felt strange while Bella and Cindy placed him on the grass.

"Melany and Cindy are going to help with your burns and hydration. Everyone saw you use your power, even if it didn't control the flames," Bella rambled.

"Really?" he said, his voice raspy, feeling an oxygen mask over his mouth.

"A lot of people want to make you the leader of Simcoe. Zane Wilson and Mark handled putting out the rest of the fire," Bella said.

VanishedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara