Chapter 5 - Classes dismissed

Monday is finally here, the dreaded day where I have to go to class

My thoughts were solely trained on the murders that took place last week and the note that I received last night.

The note.

The note puzzled me, and Faith's actions.

Why didn't she tell the police that she was the next victim?

Why would the Silencer give her a warning note?

Was it the Silencer who gave her that note in the first place?

Why does the note look like some old parchment?

I had so many questions and very few answers.

"Miss Camlotte!" My English professor shouted.

"Y-yes Ms. Bayne?"

"Remember that the university already has your money, please pay attention to the lesson."

"Oh, yes I'm sorry it won't happen again."

"Alright class, read up from chapters thirty-three to fifty on the importance of grammar in writing," She announced.

"I want a two hundred paged essay on your reflection of the chapters and your course work is due next class,"

"You are dismissed." She said.

I dragged myself out of the classroom, my eyes drooping with every step that I took.

Suddenly my body made collision with someone else's.

"Ow!" The person said.

"I-I'm so sorry I didn't mean t- Asher?"

"Oh, B-Bryer, what an odd coincidence," Asher stumbled.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, I'm actually heading to the Oak trees for lunch, d-do you want t-to join me?" He asked.

"Sure,"

The shy thing looked up at me with a slight smile on his face, that's when I saw it.

"Oh my god! Asher, what happened to your face!?" I questioned.

The boy looked down quickly, using the black hoody that he has on, to hide the unbelievably large bruise on his cheek.

He looked like someone slapped him six feet under.

His right cheek and eye were swollen and his lip was split.

"This...um...It's um...ah nothing, I just hit my head in a pole while coming here," He said.

I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth at all.

The poor thing looked beat up, but if he doesn't want to talk about it, I'm not going to push him.