Christmas Break

Zacznij od początku

Grabbing parchment from the top of my end table I sit back down and write down useful gifts.
Only three items? Come on Draco you always ask for more...

Thinking heavily about other items all I could think of is Cyrus. Did she change to the point where she isn't the same dark-covered mystery secret girl? Does she no longer have a sense of humor? Does she ever cause recklessness?

All the thinking made me forget about my parchment and quill. After my quill had finally dried up I start a new thought.

I'll write to her
Pushing aside the parchment of wished gifts I start writing.

To my dear Cyrus, I hope you're doing well-
"What's this!" Crumbled the parchment and start again.

Cyrus, this is Draco. The person you blame for my Mothers actions-
"Seriously!"

Starting again.
Cyrus, Happy Christmas. I hope this letter gets to you well. I don't know if you're ever going to read this or get this, but I must say, we all miss you. My heart loans you-
"This isn't working."

"Trying to write to someone?"

Twisting my head, I face my mother who has very good posture.
(She really does have good posture... it's jealousy I'm feeling >-<) she stands in the doorway with the slightest smirk.

"To someone who doesn't attend Hogwarts. Not anymore anyhow." I answer her.

"Cyrus Lestrange? You were saying her name awfully loud. I assume, she must hate you. You haven't told her the secret correct?"

My mother's face turns cold, strict-like, with no hint of that smirk.

"She told me not to tell Cyrus directly... even if it meant our friendship, or whatever we had, I would do it a hundred more times. Because she'll be happy in the near future."

"She will... let's just hope the Lupins don't spill. They care for Cyrus so much it must kill them to keep this secret."

"I- Lupins can keep things from her. I've seen it before." Silence occurs under strict tension. Then my mother releases a breath.

"Let me help you write...though, I don't think she'll read it."

"It'll make me feel better, even if she doesn't read it." Holding the quill tighter she grins, it's small, but it makes me feel hopeful.

"Try something different. Don't put thoughts into it. Write what you feel and need to write."

"Thank you."

"Of course."

Cyrus' POV

Being back here after months feels strange. In the little time I spent at the Academy I adapted and developed there, made friends, enemies, acquaintances...

It all feels out-of-this-world. Apart of me wishes to write to my old friends at Hogwarts, but Madame Maxime told me it would be unwise to write to people who are in my past. So I only reread their letters, perhaps it's for the best.

With New Year being around the corner I've been deciding on what my new resolutions should be; forgive and forget everyone at Hogwarts, refresh my attitude, try new things out like being nice for a change.

None of them sound like me, I'll continue thinking without thinking about it.

"What are you thinking about?" Nymph surprises me while sitting down on the couch next to me, her legs are to her chest and she faces me. "Nothing important"

"So it is important, tell me darling" pressuring me with some weird eye thing she's been doing since I got home I roll mine "new year resolutions" giving in she giggles "wow, for once you're trying out resolutions?"

"I do them, I just give up because I'm lazy" shrugging she giggles even more "I suppose. What are you thinking of so far?"

"Forgive and forgetting everyone and everything at Hogwarts. Taking a forgetting potion, refresh my attitude or trying new things"

"how about something small, like keeping yourself organized and propper"

"Learned. I actually clean and organize on a daily basis now, it's abnormal but it's a new me."

She flashes an expression that signals she doesn't believe me "maybe it's best to forgive and forget then. It's taken its toll on you, you deserve to move on"

shaking my head "agreed"

After that we begin talking about tomorrow, Christmas Day, it's always been chaotic in the house around Holidays and I'm mostly the cause but I'm determined to change myself so why not change the chaotic behavior around Holidays too?

Pansy's Pov

I write Cyrus a letter, knowing damn well she won't answer it but might as well. She's my best friend, she needs to know what's been going on.

The break was better than expected, I hung around Draco and Blaze shocked that Draco was even allowed to spend time with us, we talked a lot about Cyrus and made fun of her new school.

We met some house-elves, not as adorable as that one house-elf, Dobby but they were okay. I very much enjoyed myself during this break. It was indeed what I needed.