CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

"This is the place?"

"Yep. Just this way."

Havenfield was just as pleasant at night as it was during the day, with the light from bright stars reflecting off of the house and a cool breeze drifting through the humid air. Harry could hear the occasional chirp or snore coming from one of the many creatures who lived there. Indeed, it may have been quite an enjoyable visit. If it hadn't been for the circumstances.

Harry glanced to his side. The two elves who had attacked him in the middle of the night were there, Full Body-Bind curses in place, floated beside him in conjured stretchers. He'd decided that he should figure out what to do with them before joining Hermione, Ron, and Neville at Hogwarts. Neville had reassured them that the Hogwarts staff had fended off the attackers without too much hassle, but they still wanted to figure out who the attackers were and why they'd come.

"Wow, that's some house."

Harry was torn away from his thoughts by the voice of his friend and co-worker, Adam. Just a few minutes after Neville had come, Adam had shown up at his house, reporting an attack similar to Harry's own. He'd volunteered to come with Harry to Havenfield.

"Yeah. Elves like their extravagance," Harry agreed.

They walked hurriedly up to the front step and Harry knocked on the door. He'd hailed Grady and Edaline to tell them he was coming, but neither had answered. He assumed they were asleep. He hoped they wouldn't mind him paying them a midnight visit, considering the circumstances.

"They're not answering," Adam stated the obvious a moment later, combing a large hand through his dark hair. "What do we do?"

Harry turned to face Adam, glancing behind him. "Let's just wait a mo―"

He cut off as the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. He narrowed his eyes into the dark fields surrounding the house.

"What?"

"I swear I saw something move over there," Harry muttered. He drew his wand. "Lumos."

The pair stared for a moment before Adam said. "Maybe you just imagined―"

There. "Stupefy!"

The figure, so still it was barely noticeable, suddenly dove out of the way of the red light streaming towards him. The figure was large but shockingly graceful. Harry shot another spell and then another, but the person, whoever it was dodged each one easily. He kept sending curse after hex, joined by Adam, until he heard a distinctly familiar voice. "Mr. Potter?"

Harry paused as his brain comprehended what he had just heard. "Stop shooting!" He quickly said to Adam, then called, "Sandor?"

The crouched figure quickly stood up and strode towards Harry.

"What are you doing here?" Sandor exclaimed once he got closer. Even in the dim light, Harry could see the anger on his face. In fairness, he could hardly be blamed; Harry had just sent a least a dozen spells flying in his direction.

"I needed to talk to Grady and Edaline. Or the Black Swan or something, but this was the only place I knew to come to."

Sandor stopped in front of him and glowered. "And you couldn't wait until morning?"

Slightly irritated by his tone, Harry said, "Hardly. Unless you'd rather I didn't tell you that elves are going from place to place attacking wizards." He motioned towards the two unconscious wizards beside him.

Sandor glanced at them, and the anger in his face abated slightly, replacing my confusion and suspicion. "These elves were attacking people."

"Not just them. I already know of several similar attacks by various elves."