CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Who else absolutely loves Hinny? Good, because you'll love this chapter. I was literally fangirling so hard writing this. Harry and Ginny are adorable together. <33333 

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. Make sure to vote and comment, I love hearing your thoughts.  Love you all! <33

P.S. I... Sorry about the cliffhanger... 

Sleep was impossible that night.

Harry tossed and turned as his mind replayed last night's encounter with Lady Gisela and his meeting with Sophie afterward. Thoughts of the cache and the secrets it might hold, of Rose and where she was captured, and of the seemingly undefeatable foe all filled his head, drowning any attempts of thinking of something cheery. But to his surprise, the thing that was bugging him most was his decision not to tell Sophie that Lady Gisela was after Keefe. When he'd gone to Havenfield, he'd had every intention of doing so, but seeing Sophie already burdened by the weight of the world, and remembering Keefe's sensitivity when it came to his mom... he just couldn't add something else.

"Harry?" Ginny's sleepy voice said next to him. She was facing away from him, and her voice was muffled by the quilt next to her face.

Harry turned over to face her, draping a protective arm over her and kissing her hair. "Yeah, Gin?"

Ginny was quiet for a moment, and Harry wished he could see her face. Finally, she asked, "What's wrong?"

Harry sighed. Was he really that obvious? Ginny could always read him like a book, it seemed. "Just a lot on my mind, that's all."

Ginny rolled over to face him, and Harry's arm dropped back to his side. "What is it?"

Harry bit his lip. "I didn't tell Sophie that Lady Gisela is looking for Keefe," Harry explained. "I can't decide if I should've or not."

Ginny took a moment to answer again, then asked, "Why didn't you?"

Harry sighed. "They just have so much to deal with already... and they're just kids... I didn't want... I dunno."

Harry could make out Ginny's rueful smile as she said, "Funny how I remember my mum using the same reasoning to try to keep things from you back when we were at Hogwarts. I don't recall you being particularly happy about that."

Harry let out something in between a sigh and a laugh. "True." He reached out and pulled Ginny in closer to him, grabbing her hand and holding it at his chest. She cuddled against him. "I suddenly see where she was coming from, though..."

"I know. I get why you did it," Ginny said. "But I just think that you keeping things from them would just make it worse. Besides, knowing that Lady Gisela is looking for him might keep him safer. It would make him more cautious."

Harry sighed. "Yeah. You're probably right."

"Like always." Ginny's voice was muffled against Harry's chest, and he laughed softly.

"Yup. Like always." He stroked her hair, planting another kiss there. "I love you, Gin."

"I love you, too."

A few minutes later, Ginny's breathing slowed, and Harry knew she'd fallen asleep. It was only a little bit later that Harry followed suit, his arms still firmly wrapped around Ginny.

If nothing else, they'd always have each other.

The next day, Harry wasted no time in making good on Ginny's advice. He Apparated to Havenfield before he even went to work, hoping that Sophie would be awake.