how do you cheat in bowling? [seventeen]

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you guys do. And here's the other thing. I don't know why, but I think whatever it is you guys are hiding, you don't want them to know about it either."

Returning her bowling shoes, Allison glances back at Scott with a smile.

"Especially her."

Madison diverts her attention back to the girls. What did Scott and her get into?

~~~~~~~~~

"Madison... Scott..." An exhausted Melissa McCall turns the corner of the hall and heads to her room. "Guys, I'm going to sleep."

She peers into their rooms. They were both empty. Obviously not pleased, she turns to the hallway when a sound spins her back around to Madison's darkened room where a figure tumbles in through Madison's open window onto her bed. It's Stiles. He looks up and Melissa nearly swings a bat right into his skull. Stiles screams, hands thrown into the air.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" Melissa yells.

Stiles jaw slacks, "What am I doing? Do any of you even play baseball?"

The light clicks on and the twins walk in.

"Can you please tell your boyfriend to use the front door?" Melissa tells Madison.

Not bothering to correct her, Madison scratches the back of her neck, "But we lock the front door. He wouldn't be able to get in."

"Exactly," Melissa rolls her eyes at her daughter, "and, by the way, do any of you care that there's a police-enforced curfew?"

"No," the trio answer in unison.

"Okay then," Melissa sighs in annoyance, "that's about all the parenting I can take for one night. I'm going to sleep."

As she leaves, the twins notice Stiles's expression is far more serious than they expected.

"What?" Scott asks.

"My dad left for the hospital fifteen minutes ago," Stiles sighs, "the bus driver. They said he succumbed to his wounds."

Madison felt like she had been punched in the gut. Her stomach churned in guilt. Stiles holds her hand and squeezes it reassuringly. He knew Madison like the back of his hand so her reaction to the news would be pretty predictable to him.

"Succumbed?" Scott mumbles confusedly. He was clearly to dumbest out of the three.

"Scott... he's dead."

~~~~~~~~~

The Hale house looms ominously, tattooed with ragged shadows of the overgrown trees around it. The front door slams open. Scott and Madison stand in the frame, just two silhouettes.

"Derek," Scott calls out, "I know you're here. And I know what you did."

No reply comes from the dark shell of a house. Madison enters first followed by Scott, letting the door shut behind him. Head cocked, he listens. Derek's calm voice comes out of the darkness, "I didn't do anything."

"You killed him," Madison scoffs. At first, she thought Derek was a good guy, but now it was clear he wasn't who she thought he was.

"He died," Derek counters.

"Like your sister died?" Scott asks.

Madison could tell Derek was getting angrier, which could mean Scott and her would turn up like Laura Hale.

"My sister was missing," Derek seethes, "I came here trying to find her."

"You found her-" Scott was cut off by Derek.